Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Brasfield & Gorrie General Contractors
- Job ID
Brasfield & Gorrie is currently accepting applications for a Jobsite Assistant. Below are the main responsibilities for this position.
- Weekly payroll reporting in the E-1/J.D. Edwards Payroll System
- Process new applicants and process through payroll
- Keep field employees informed of any personnel-related changes i.e. benefits, etc.
- Maintain all Safety & Drug Program requirements, including reporting accidents, maintain first aid kit, post OSHA required forms, maintain MSDS/Haz Com books etc.
- Type, send, and file superintendent correspondence
- Set up and maintain job files
- Assist with processing invoices
- Track rental equipment and incoming materials
- Price and order small supplies and rental equipment if requested by Superintendent
- Order supplies
- Collect and distribute mail
- Assist with answering telephones
- Set up general start-up procedures for state required postings, signage and maintain job bulletin board
- Box files for record keeping at end of project
- Greet jobsite guests in a professional, friendly, hospitable manner
Education - Skills - Knowledge - Qualifications & Experience
- Must have practical knowledge of clerical functions such as typing, filing, answering phones
- 5 years of experience in an administrative, clerical role in the construction industry is strongly preferred
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Prolog software experience preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong work ethic
- Customer service driven
- HR experience preferred, to include working knowledge of employment processes
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Basic knowledge of payroll procedures and accounting a plus
- Self motivated and good interpersonal skills
*** No living allowance or per diem will be paid for this position.*** Occasional travel is required for training purposes.
The above description covers the principal duties and responsibilities of the job. The description shall not, however, be construed as a complete listing of all miscellaneous, incidental, or similar duties which may be required from day-to-day. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.