BrightLine Partners LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BrightLine Partners LLC
The Utility Manager for the Brightline Phase 2 infrastructure program will be responsible for managing a large scale program of utility protection and relocation for a 168 mile rail corridor and vehicle maintenance facility. Utilities include third party communications fiber optic systems; power distribution and transmission; gas; potable and re-use water; storm water; and sanitary sewer conveyance systems.
- Establishment of productive and cooperative relationships with utility owners affected by the project
- Understanding of construction sequences and schedules and management of the relocation process to assure a continuous railroad construction operation
- Comprehension and fluency with requirements for the project, including technical specifications and the contract(s) and interpretation thereof
- Understanding of the micro and macro project objectives
- Effective communication with utility companies, superiors, Brightline team members, design professionals, contractors, regulatory agencies, and stakeholders including the host railroad
- Effective use of project management tools including P6 schedules and their various sorts, PM Web cost and document management system, cash flow schedules, and Microsoft Office programs.
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Demonstrated large scale utility protection and relocation management experience
- Minimum 15 years experience in utility management in the construction industry
- Demonstrated prior experience with buried fiber optic for third party carriers
- Demonstrated experience working in active railroad corridors
- Fluency with Microsoft Office software
- Demonstrated ability to work within project team and to achieve project objectives
- Prior airport construction experience and familiarity with working in a secure air-side environment.
- Pre-existing working relationship multiple Utility carriers in the Florida/Orlando market
- Technical and administrative competence
- Identification with project goals, and determination to succeed
- Communication skills attuned to a broad audience touching the utility company, technical, administrative, financial, and political environments
- Team player with a focus on internal customer satisfaction
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We prohibit any form of unlawful harassment or discrimination against applicants for employment or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, familial status, military/veteran status, disability status, genetic information with respect to the applicant or employee, sexual orientation, or any other classification/characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.