Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ABA Therapist / Registered Behavior Technician (RBT)
at Butterfly Effects
- 24-Jul-2020 to 22-Aug-2020 (EST)
- Behavior Technicians
- Brandon, FL, USA
- Part Time
ABA Behavior Technician / RBT
COMPANY OVERVIEW: Butterfly Effects is an Autism Specific Provider Group that implements a home and community-based services treatment model. The treatment model is grounded in the implementation science of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), Family-Centered Planning, Routines-Based Intervention, and family participation. BE's treatment philosophy is guided by the belief that services should be provided in the natural environment as early as possible, be individualized for each child/family, and support the unique culture of each family. The BE treatment team is led by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst who will engage the family in their child's treatment, coordinate care with other treatment professionals, work with community resources, supervise the behavior technician (BT) implementing the treatment plan, and develop a positive collaborative relationship with any other professionals working with the child and family. For more information about Butterfly Effects, please visit www.butterflyeffects.com.
Work with a Purpose
Why should you join the growing field of ABA with Butterfly Effects? Joining a motivated and energetic team of peers means you get to ...
- Impact the day to day development of clients and celebrate their successes.
- Work as part of a collaborative team towards changing the lives of children and their families.
- Make a difference for families adjusting to life on the Autism spectrum.
- Develop new skills and prepare yourself for new opportunities in ABA.
What is a day in the life of a Butterfly Effects' Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) like?
- What: You will work with 18 months to 18 years old clients on the autism spectrum to help them acquire new skills, improve communication and socialization, and reduce problem behaviors as directed by an individualized treatment plan. You will interact with the child and family, record behavior data from your client interaction, and collaborate with your BCBA.
- When: 10-15 hours per week. Typically, therapy is delivered in 2-3 hour sessions 3-5 times per week and schedules are consistent from week to week. After school hours from 3-7 pm are emphasized, though our needs vary depending on the needs of our clients.
- Where: Therapy is delivered in your client's natural environment, typically at home, and in the presence of a parent or guardian.
What We Offer:
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Certification Program - All new BE team members begin by completing our flexible FREE RBT training program that prepares you to become registered as a behavior technician with the Behavior Analysis Certification Board (BACB) and allows you to start your career and specialization in Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA)!
- Butterfly Effects offers competitive compensation commensurate with education and experience.
- Career Advancement Opportunities - Extensive hands-on training, ongoing program oversight, opportunities for Continuing Education Credits, BACB Supervision hours where applicable, and career paths to BCBA and other positions.
- Travel time pay and mileage reimbursement.
- Benefit packages available based on number of hours worked.
- Minimum High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle (Uber & Lyft as transportation is not permitted - must be able to transport self to and from work).
- Willingness to travel to and from clients' homes within 40 minutes of your location.
- Motivation and commitment to become a Registered Behavior Technician within 45 days of employment via our innovative training program that prepares you to be a successful RBT.
- Sound technical and computer skills and reliable internet access.
- Physical Demands - Working with clients in their natural environments may require you to lift or move approximately 50 lbs. and be able to assume and maintain a variety of postures (kneeling, squatting, sitting, standing) for extended periods of time.
- Pass Criminal Background Check
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree or minimum of 48 college credit hours preferred. Students currently enrolled in a Master's Program for BCBA are encouraged to apply!
- Previous experience working with children with autism or other developmentally delaying disorders.
- Prior experience with ABA.
Butterfly Effects is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by statute, and to promote the full realization of an inclusive employment and service policy.