Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Amenities Construction Manager
- Job ID
- Posting Location
- Orlando, FL
Summary of Position Requirements
Responsible for managing and overseeing amenity construction activities in one or more communities under the supervision of the Senior Management to ensure cost, schedule and quality standards are met. This will include the construction of entry features and gates, pool/cabana’s, parks, sport courts, screening walls, fountains, gazebo’s and associated landscaping. Enlist the services of design and engineering professionals for amenity design and permitting. Work closely with division management team to ensure amenity type and quality is consistent with original concept and budget figures. Monitor reports, assist in pre-construction and construction of site-related improvements, contract and supervise trade partner’s work, and maintain the amenity sites for cleanliness. Assist Land Project Managers where needed with entitlements, site visits and overall site development activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Bid out and contract design and engineering professionals for the purpose of creating amenity plans and obtaining necessary permits
- Work closely with Director of Purchasing to standardize amenity design and establish budgets.
- Schedule and supervise daily trade partner activities in accordance with job schedules and business partner scopes of work
- Ensure all amenities are completed on schedule and within budget.
- Inspects and ensures that work is in compliance with City/County/State requirements and engineered plans and specifications
- Plan and schedule all amenity-related construction activities in communities from start to finish
- Conduct pre-construction meeting and final inspections with municipal authorities
- Provide trade partner feedback to the immediate supervisor concerning the trade partner’s timeliness and attention to detail
- Maintain records of all change orders and/or purchase orders and inspections of each amenity under construction
- Approve all trade partner invoices upon satisfactory completion of the job and approve all deliveries for quantity and condition
- Visit each development site at least once per day, and be available to resolve any issues that may arise
- Ensure job site cleanliness and safety compliance as required by State & Federal guidelines
- Maintain safety logs and conduct regular safety meetings on-site
- Attend construction meetings and training classes as scheduled
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage individuals and team to ensure top performance of all team members in achieving desired results while finding efficient and effective solutions that create overall organizational value.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors degree preferred
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in commercial construction and/or land development management required
- Relevant Management experience desired
- GC license preferred
- Must possess organization skills by keeping daily schedules current; maintaining a timely and accurate flow of paperwork
- Possess good time management skills and be able to perform multiple detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills
- Associate is prohibited from performing manual repairs
- Computer literacy and proficient in MS Office products (Word and Excel). Knowledge of Build pro scheduling systems a plus.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Knowledge of practices and procedures of construction and building codes
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints
Daily interaction with various division personnel, outside agencies, business partners, consultants and homeowners
Able to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, climb stairs/ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment, and occasionally operate construction equipment. Able to sit at a computer monitor for extended periods of time to complete paperwork, meet with trade partners, and receive/return phone messages. Must be able to work in construction environment under all weather conditions. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator