Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Vice President of Finance and Operations
- Job ID
- Posting Location
- Orlando, FL
Summary of Position Requirements
Manage the day-to-day financial and operational functions of the division, including Accounts Payable supervision, corporate and divisional reporting requirements, and Payroll administration. Ensure Corporate Accounting policies are in place and followed. #CB
- Lead, coach, mentor and manage individuals and team to ensure top performance of all team members in achieving desired results while finding efficient and effective solutions that create overall organizational value.
- Assist Division President in all functions of the division.
- New Deals / Green Folders
- Review and sign off final Green Folder to DP
- Review with DOS; DOC; DOP etc.
- Preparation of responses to regional questions
- Community Start Ups –regular check lists of “to-dos” to ensure the community will open on time. Coordinating between departments to ensure all parties are moving forward including:
- Final deal approval and closing on acquisition
- Product design, cost per sq. ft., product approval
- Construction start
- Marketing campaign / grand opening
- Possess and demonstrate the qualities, characteristics and skills of a future Operations Leader and/or Division President
- Construct a complete business plan and promote and complete updates
- Hold divisional “ops” meetings, not less than quarterly, with department heads to review financial results, projections and strategic plans related to growth, cost saving initiatives and any other regional or corporate initiatives.
- Implement procedures to maximize compliance with budgets and propose resolutions when budgets are being exceeded.
- Land plans– manage 3 and 5 year land plans and assist in planning for strategic growth; develop working knowledge of all markets and competitors.
- Third party financing – with corporate and region approval and input, VP of Finance and Ops should lead in securing third party financing in the form of debt, land banks or JV partners
- Manage sales, starts, closings on a daily basis – understand what is driving them, are we on pace, can we push to exceed.
- Company Acquisitions – take a lead in preparing overall financial analysis of any potential acquisition of another company or its assets.
- Monitor construction cycle times and construction extras being requested to ensure compliance with divisional goals. Implement strategies if goals are not being met.
Overall Financial Statement Responsibility
- With a group made up of VP of Finance and Ops, assistant controller or accounting manager and AP; the VP of Finance Ops still has responsibility of approval of the month end financials, month end reports, corporate deliveries, SOX template, etc).
- VP of Finance and Ops has ownership of all numbers that are published from the division
- Final review of financial statements, corporate deliveries, regional deliveries.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required or combination of equivalent education and experience, CPA preferred
- MBA preferred
- Seven years (7) minimum experience required in the position of a Controller, Comptroller, and or Director of Finance. including homebuilding experience
- Advanced computer skills experience required– Microsoft Word and Excel, including the use of Hyperion, EssBase and JD Edwards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professionally perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills as well as supervisory skills