Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cardno ATC
Cardno Geosciences team is an integrated environmental services consultant to a wide range of clients providing environmental and geotechnical consultancy services, from advisory and management services, conducting extensive environmental evaluations, intrusive investigations (i.e. soil, sediment, Acid Sulfate Soils (ASS), surface water, leachate, landfill gas, vapour and groundwater), environmental audits, risk assessment, remediation services and geotechnical investigations at sites located across Australia
Joining Cardno means being part of something more than the average engineering firm. Following Cardno’s vision, we help our clients to deliver infrastructure solutions to improve the standard of living for communities and strive to find new ways to protect, conserve and enhance our physical, social, economic and cultural environments.
You’ll be working in a central Melbourne office within walking distance of the city loop railway station, surrounded by cafés and restaurants, free on-site gym available to staff and a modern office with large entertaining areas.
- Contribute in the delivery of industry-best practice outcomes for our industry partners in the transport, property, water, mining, ports, marine, oil and gas, and renewable energy sectors
- Provide expert advice on water related and hydrogeological issues, as well as provide guidance and direction to Cardno’s business and clients
- Contribute to proposal preparation and business development activities alongside others in the business
- Contribute to the growth of the Hydrogeology and Groundwater Management business
- Provide professional advice, and deliver on investigations, calculations, modelling, reports, solution direction and approvals, and certifications.
- Develop and implement scopes of work for projects related to: characterisation and conceptualisation of hydrogeological systems; groundwater supply development; groundwater inflow assessments; dewatering and depressurization; seepage assessments; managed Aquifer Recharge; and groundwater contamination
- Ensure project deliverables are managed in line with the organisation’s HSEQ Management Systems and are on time and budget
- Develop innovative solutions through connections and engagements with leading internal and external practitioners including consultants and educational/research institutions
- Lead and manage projects and teams to ensure work output is delivered to a high standard
Ideally you will possess –
- Degree level qualifications in Hydrogeology, Geology or related Earth Science discipline or related field
- Demonstrated 15 + years’ work experience and ability to provide a high-level technical leadership of projects
- Thorough knowledge of relevant standards and legislation applicable to the region of operation
- Familiarity with standard hydrogeological software packages
- Strong analytical, reporting and verbal communication skills
- A client service focus with strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively in team environments.
- An ability to interpret and carry out instructions while ensuring safety is at the forefront of all operations
- Ability to mentor/guide junior members of team.
- Valid/current driver’s licence
Why join Cardno?
Cardno offers meaningful opportunities for each individual member of our team to grow, make an impact and leave a legacy for local communities, globally.
By joining Cardno, you will be part of an environment where you can collaborate with leading experts from diverse backgrounds, access development programs to achieve your career goals, and be challenged to take a global outlook.
At Cardno, we take care of the people that keep our business, clients and communities thriving.
We offer benefits and initiatives to enhance your health and wellbeing, including an on-site gym, parental leave, purchased leave and flexible working arrangements.
We are a global provider of integrated professional services which enrich the physical and social environment for the communities in which we live and work. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists has more than 70 years’ experience in designing, developing and delivering sustainable projects and community advancement programs.
Notice to recruitment agencies: Please note that Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or recruitment agencies.
Cardno does not accept unsolicited resumes from any 3rd party agencies. No fee will be paid to 3rd parties who submit unsolicited resumes to any Cardno employee. Resumes from approved vendors must be specifically requested by Cardno and approved by the Cardno Talent Acquisition Team.
Why join Cardno?
Be part of a global company where the work you do today will make a difference for generations to come.
At Cardno our people have a shared purpose to make a difference in the world – whether it’s delivering a sustainable infrastructure project in their local community or improving health outcomes on the other side of the world. Doing good work that benefits others is our greatest motivator.
When you join Cardno, you’ll be part of a diverse global team of talented technical experts and professionals. Working in collaborative and connected environments, your development will be mapped and supported to help you reach your career goals.
Balancing work, life and wellbeing is also important to us and we provide a number of initiatives and opportunities to help you achieve a happy working life at Cardno.
Our work is diverse and interesting and you’ll have the best people on your side to lend a hand. Because at Cardno it’s never about a single person or job – it’s about a shared vision that guides our results, and shapes how we deliver them.
Want to explore life at Cardno?
Learn more about what life is like at Cardno by viewing our Meet-our-people videos. If you like what you see, then we want to hear from you.