Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Liaison - Post Acute Care - (Remote - Kissimmee, FL) - Sign on Bonus!
- Job ID
- Clinical / Post Acute Care
Are you an experienced Registered Nurse with a passion for shaping the future of healthcare? Our Post-Acute Care team at CareCentrix is committed to making the home the center of patient care.
As a Nurse Liaison you will be an expert in resource management, a master of utilization review and a compassionate partner for patients and their support network. Responsible for an assigned caseload at acute and post-acute care facilities. You will conduct in person, on site initial face to face outreach with patients to introduce the Post-Acute program, gather patient demographics and collaborate with hospital clinicians, patient and family to develop a discharge path of care. You will coordinate post-acute care services for the patient and collaborate with Post-Acute homecare agencies on post-acute care plan of care, authorizing services as medically necessary.
- Manages the transition of Post-Acute patients from Acute Care settings to skilled nursing facilities and/or home settings utilizing face to face and/or telephonic outreach.
- In partnership with the Utilization Management team, authorize admission and continued stay at Skilled Nursing Facilities and in the home using medical care guidelines.
- Collaborates with patients, caregivers, hospital discharge planners, case managers, and hospitalist to obtain Post-Acute orders for engagement. Reviews patient records to determine patient eligibility for admission based on Medicare/ Medical Care Guidelines.
- Develops an appropriate path of care for discharge and revises discharge plan as patient condition merits.
- Engages the patient/caregiver using Homebridge, our care coordination platform, to issue standard assessments, patient care plans, and documents.
- Provides clinical expertise to unlicensed Care Coordinators, i.e. clinical clarification for referral source directives as well as responding to inquiries regarding scripted clinical questions and issues.
- Willing to travel to acute and post-acute care facilities within the Candidates local assigned geographic area 50% to 90%
- Current and unrestricted license for the market (state) of practice as a Registered Nurse.
- Expertise in Utilization Management and knowledge of URAC/NCQA standards.
- Knowledge of Medicare Guidelines and InterQual Criteria
- Broad knowledge of health care delivery/managed care regulations, contract terms/stipulations, prior utilization management/case management experience, and governmental home health agency regulations required.
- Excellent negotiation, communication, problem solving and decision making skills
CareCentrix maintains a drug-free workplace in accordance with Florida’s Drug Free Workplace Law. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, sexual orientation, gender identification, or being a qualified disabled veteran or qualified veteran of the Vietnam era or any other category protected by Federal or State law.