Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Cargill, Incorporated.
Working at Cargill is an opportunity tothrive – a place to develop your career to the fullest while engaging in meaningfulwork that makes a positive impact around the globe. You will be proud to workfor a company with a strong history of ethics and a purpose of nourishingpeople. We offer a diverse, supportive environment where you will growpersonally and professionally as you learn from some of the most talentedpeople in your field. With over 150 years of experience Cargill provides food,agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world. Weoperate in 70 countries and have 150,000 employees who are committed to workingevery day to nourish the world in a safe, responsible and sustainable way. Learnmore at www.cargill.com
We have a new and exciting full timeopportunity for you to join our Accounting and Finance (A&F) team as an Assistant Accountant. Reporting to the Accounting andReporting Lead, you will be a key member of the A&F team, with your primary responsibility beingthe completion of tax related activities for the Malt, GEOS, Admin and contributeto consolidation of Australia tax reporting. This position will work closelywith the Senior Tax Accountant and the Australian Tax Manager in relation tothe compliance activities.
Your ability to analyse information, multitask and prioritise in a fastpaced environment will be key to developing positive working relationships and ensureefficient, effective provision of information.
Your responsibilities include, but are not limitedto:
- Completion of the Monthly Tax Sensitive accountreviews for Income Tax and Fringe Benefits Tax;
- Completion of the quarterly and year-end TaxProvisioning Accounting Entries (Tax Effect Accounting), including monthly taxbalance sheet reconciliations;
- Completion of the Monthly BAS Statements and associatedbalance sheet reconciliations;
- Completion of the Annual Fringe Benefits TaxReturn, including the calculation of the unders and overs entries;
- Completion of the Annual Income Tax Return,including the calculation of the unders and overs and associated accountingentries and preparing the packages for the year end external audit;
- Act as a Super user for Global Tax Integratorand provide coaching to the finance andFSS team involved in tax coding activities;
- Completion of quarterly and annual CFR CartesisTax Schedules and advise on tax aspects of special transactions;
- Work with the PRTP team to improve the processof coding expenses in accordance with tax set up;
- Act as first level reviewer of informationprovided by the ledger owners;
- Act us a Subject Matter Expert in rolling outthe Global Tax Integrator training;
- Accounting Degree / Qualified CA or CPA;
- Exposure to Agriculture industry will be wellregarded;
- Minimum 5 years accounting experience with atleast 3 years post qualification relevant experience;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in completingIncome Tax and Fringe Benefits tax returns and Tax Provisioning (Tax EffectAccounting);
- Excellent understanding of corporate taxregulations including FBT, GST, Income Tax and Sub Part F;
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office Suite,including advanced Excel;
- Working knowledge of financial systems i.e.JDE/SAP/Cognos/Tax Integrator/EKA(Trading System);
- Understanding of the concept ofForex/Hedging/Mark to Market;
- Ability to seek and achieve continuousimprovement in processes;
- Ability to manage plan and prioritize work tomeet conflicting deadlines;
- Great Attention to Detail;
- Good Problem Solving Skills;
- Excellent Communication Skills;
If this role sounds like ‘you' please ‘Apply' now. Applications close on 30 Sept 2018.
Cargill is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applications are treatedwith strict confidentiality.