Carillon Miami Beach
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Carillon Miami Beach
Hourly, non-exempt, non-commissioned, and non-Supervisory position. Primarily responsible for providing warm, friendly, timely and accurate service while preparing the highest quality beverages. Ensures compliance with all regulations for serving alcoholic beverages. Supervised by the Beverage Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Takes food and beverage orders from guests.
- Upsells drinks and food to all customers.
- Prepares and serves both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages according to Carillon recipes and standards for both walk-up guests and servers whose orders appear on the POS service printer.
- Records food and drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the POS system.
- Maintains an accurate and timely record of each order that is always visible and available to the guest.
- Prepares and presents an accurate final bill, accepts, possesses and secures final payment; makes change (if applicable).
- Washes and sterilizes glassware.
- Prepares garnishes for drinks.
- Maintains bottles and glasses in an attractive and functional manner to support efficient drink preparation and promotion of beverages.
- Maintains cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas.
- Adheres to responsible alcohol service guidelines.
- Understands and studies Carillon’s nutrition philosophy, food and beverage offerings and ingredients, as well as Carillon’s overall operation, philosophy, activities and services in order to make recommendations and better answer guest questions.
- Knowledgeable and conversant on all food and beverage products and services.
- Creates requisitions at the end of the night to get the bar back to par.
- Reports all equipment problems and bar maintenance issues to management.
- Assists in the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies.
- Monitors and observes guest dining experience.
- Ensures guests are satisfied with the food and service.
- Responds promptly and courteously to any requests. Ready and willing to assist fellow servers and/or server assistants as situations arise.
- Performs service recovery as required to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurants as directed by management.
- Adheres to Carillon standards for guest service.
- Refers guest problems or complaints to supervisor according to Carillon guest problem resolution policy.
- Reports and documents any observed or known safety hazards, conditions or unsafe practices and procedures to management immediately.
- Performs other job-related duties as directed.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Thorough knowledge of the mechanical skills involved in preparing and mixing drinks.
- ServSafe certified.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) is a plus.
- Ability to learn and master the POS system.
- Able to handle and be responsible for cash transactions.
- Must possess a personable, cheerful demeanor, be well groomed and be able to remain calm under pressure.
- Must possess pride in Carillon’s Standards of food service and be guest-service oriented.
- Must have at least 2-3 years experience as a bartender or bar back in a high traffic restaurant.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, lunch and or dinner shifts, weekends and holidays.
Walk-In Interview Hours:
No Appointments Necessary.
Must submit application online prior to attending an interview.
Parking meters available, Valet parking will NOT be validated.