Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Design Build Construction Manager
at Carollo Engineers, Inc.
Carollo Engineers, Inc. is seeking a Design-Build Construction Manager for our water and wastewater infrastructure projects. This position is responsible for planning, on-site management, and supervision of projects being performed with the Progressive and Fixed Price Design-Build project delivery methods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and direct construction projects from planning to closeout
- Perform pre-construction planning, scheduling and cost control
- Develop and implement the procurement and buy-out strategy including preparing front-end documents and bid processes
- Support cost estimating
- Meet project budgets
- Maintaining project communications including submittals, RFI’s, cost proposals and change requests
- Developing construction schedules in concert with designers, subcontractors, and owners
- Securing construction permits and licenses
- Implementing and monitoring conformance with the project Safety and QA/QC Plans procedures
- Conduct regular progress meeting with the owner, design team, subcontractors, and suppliers, and other project stakeholders
- Prepare monthly cost, schedule, safety, and quality reports for internal and external uses
- Develop and maintain the project risk register and implement mitigations for realized risks
- Review and approve monthly invoices and pay applications from subcontractors and suppliers
- Prepare owner invoices and manage account receivables
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership qualities
- Experience managing superintendents, subcontractors, and suppliers on schedule driven projects
- Experience negotiating "owner" contracts and the buy-out of At-Risk projects, which includes Lump Sum and CMAR when acting as the General Contractor
- Ability to work on multiple interiors projects simultaneously as the General Contractor, while managing a team
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Proficient in Windows based software including Excel, Word, Project, Visio & PowerPoint
- Primavera P6 proficiency and Timberline Estimating experience also desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management required
- Leadership and management role experience on water and wastewater facilities projects
- Completion of OSHA 10-hour safety course and other construction safety training
Preferred Education and Experience
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years of Design Build experience
Carollo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender Identity, ethnicity, or veteran status. Qualified applicants with criminal histories will also be considered in a manner that is consistent with the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance and/or any other similar ordinances as required.