Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Nursing Faculty (Part Time)
at Chamberlain University
- Job ID
- Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Employment Type
- Temporary Part-Time
- FLSA Status
- U.S. - Exempt
Opportunity at a Glance
Do you remember the professor who encouraged you to believe in yourself and in your ability to be the successful nurse professional you are today? Now you have the unique opportunity to be that professor and create the "a-ha" moment of sudden insight and comprehension that will change a nursing student's life forever.
Chamberlain College of Nursing is seeking Part-Time Clinical Instructors in the greater West Palm Beach area interested in teaching students in our Bachelors of Science in Nursing program studying at our Miramar, FL campus.
Clinical teaching sites include Jupiter Medical Center in West Palm Beach.
We are seeking candidates for the November 2019 8-week session (October 28 to December 22) and future sessions with immediate need for the following specialty:
You will be mentoring students, in a clinical setting, while they demonstrate nursing skills and procedures. Family-centered care of children is the focus of this course, exploring issues of normal child care as well as health alterations of children from infancy through adolescence. Students participate as members of the multidisciplinary health team to provide health promotion, illness prevention, health restoration and maintenance and rehabilitative care to children and families.
Emphasis is on the dynamics of an individual’s ability to function in society. The course focuses on content relative to anxiety, self concept, thought disorders, mood alterations, addictive behaviors, organic brain dysfunction, abuse and violence issues. It also incorporates health promotion and wellness issues such as stress management and personal growth. Therapeutic communication techniques, individual and group therapy practices and community mental-health resources are also incorporated.
This course focuses on family-centered approaches to maternal/newborn care and incorporates health promotion and wellness issues. The childbearing cycle, including normal experience, high-risk factors, complications and alterations are studied. Additional women’s health issues are included.
Additional teaching opportunities are available in the areas of Adult Health/ Med/Surg, Collaborative Healthcare, Community Health, Critical Care, Fundamental nursing and more.
If you are passionate about nursing and advancing your career through the power of education, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity today.
In this role, the clinical instructor:
- Implements the College's philosophy, curriculum, program outcomes, and course objectives through clinical teaching and service to the College, community, health system and profession
- Assumes responsibility for all autonomous aspects of individual teaching assignments
- Plans clinical experiences for and provides direct supervision and evaluation of nursing students delivering nursing care to an individual or group of individuals
- Evaluates and provides documented feedback to the student on the level of performance based on course objectives
- Orients and maintains current knowledge related to agency/clinical policies, procedures, and expectations with the assistance of the agency/clinical personnel
- Develops and posts written clinical assignments consistent with the student's knowledge base, skill competency, and individual learning needs
- Grades homework, quizzes, tests, lab assignments, clinical paperwork and other written work in a timely manner
- Keeps course coordinator informed of all student and agency issues and concerns
You are encouraged to explore this opportunity if you have:
- A master's or doctoral degree in Nursing from a regionally accredited college or university
- An unencumbered professional nursing license in Florida
- At least two years professional experience within last five years in the area of instruction as a registered nurse
- Teaching or precepting experience is preferred but not required
- Have genuine passion for nursing, education, and lifelong learning
- Have exceptional subject matter expertise with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Are eager to serve students and colleagues with passion, respect and care
- Operate with a sense of responsibility and purpose with the desire to enrich colleagues, students and the broader community
Adtalem Global Education is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today!
Who We Are
Chamberlain University is a rapidly-expanding university rich with opportunities for growth and offering competitive wages and benefits. If you enjoy being a part of an exciting team and working in a collaborative, dynamic environment, then Chamberlain University might be right for you.
Through Chamberlain Care®, we believe in taking care of those who take care of others. We offer a wide range of benefits that are intended to meet the diverse needs of our colleagues. Whether it's advancing your career, maintaining a healthy lifestyle or saving for retirement, our comprehensive benefit offerings can help you reach your goals.
As an educational organization, we also support and encourage colleagues to further their educations by offering tuition assistance and seminars through our Leadership Development Center.
If you are ready to join an institution like ours, we welcome you to apply.