Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Management Assistant
Job TitleProject Management Assistant
Responsible for Project Management Assistant functions within one or more offices and/or project sites to assist the project manager in the setup, execution, tracking, reporting, and closeout of projects. Helps project and/or operations management by providing efficient and timely support as it relates to project and operations management overhead. Performs various project administration support activities from initiation through project closeout, including, but not limited to, proposal support, project estimating, cost tracking and schedule support, procurement support including open commitment tracking and accruals, small purchasing, equipment dispatching and tracking, project payables, billing and project receivables support, project and operations reporting, and project close out.
- Provide project and operations management with support necessary to ensure that proposal and project requirements are successfully met. This may include small pricing estimates, budget development, schedule development, and WBS development.
- Be responsible for facilitating concurrences and approvals consistent with the authority matrices.
- Assist the PM in development and approval of the Project Management Plan (PMP) in coordination with functional disciplines and operations and in accordance with E&I Procedure PM-G-010. The Project Management Plan should be reviewed by key Project Team members and approved by the PM.
- Coordinate completion of the Job Initiation Forms in a timely, accurate manner to ensure job numbers are established as soon as possible.
- Work with project management to establish cost and revenue budgets within JD Edwards in accordance with PM-G-008 and the contract and established work breakdown structure.
- Act as a project management liaison with functional groups.
- Establish billing pay item values in accordance with project budgets, and ensure project billing rate tables are established in a timely and accurate manner to expedite accurate client invoicing.
- Ensure that technical resources and or project management prepares purchase requisitions and secure the required backup documentation for proper approval prior to procurement action in order for proper pricing and purchase order issuance.
- Responsible for use and timely reconciliation of P-cards (procurement cards) in accordance with our company's policy.
- Review client draft invoices and recommend necessary adjustments prior to project management review. Act as a liaison between billing and project management to ensure strong communication with billing and to expedite client invoicing.
- Prepare invoicing and cash receipt forecasts with input from project and operations management.
- Ability to organize and coordinate various responsibilities for a portfolio of projects and a multitude of documents.
- Ability to operate under multiple schedules and deadlines
- Ability to comprehend and follow standard operating procedures and comply with internal controls.
- Ability to clearly communicate and advise project managers and other project personnel regarding our Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ability to coordinate various activities and efforts for projects to ensure timely deliverables and processing.
- Good problem solving skills and ability to recommend and assist with implementation of solutions.
- Ability to coordinate efforts with project and site personnel, operations management, clients, and vendors and/or subcontractors.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in own discipline.
- Typically has 2 -- 10 years of project-related experience.
- Working knowledge with computer applications such as:
- Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point
- JD Edwards ERP
- Primavera/Microsoft Project
- Docusphere (DSWF)