Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MIS Support Specialist I
ChildNet, Inc. is a private, not-for-profit community-based care (CBC) agency servicing Broward and Palm Beach County. We are contracted with the State of Florida, Department of Children and Families, to provide case management support to abused, abandoned, and neglected children. ChildNet is nationally accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA) and employs over 450 staff at its location in Ft Lauderdale and West Palm Beach, Florida.
This job description is not all-inclusive and employees are expected to perform all other duties as assigned and directed by management. Job descriptions and duties may be modified when deemed appropriate by management. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein,is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. It is not necessarily descriptive of any one position in the class. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein.
Job Summary: MIS Support Specialist I is responsible for working with MIS team to ensure delivery services to our internal customers. Plays a vital role in ensuring quality and timely execution of the Help Desk and other major projects specific to the organization and MIS Department. Duties will include installing, modifying, and repairing computer hardware and software systems, resolving computer and network connectivity problems, and providing technical assistance to MIS Coordinator and Specialists. This position maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards and displays both professional and technical knowledge in providing the duties herein. As an important part of quality service, the position is responsible for providing exceptional customer service through action and communications. Possesses a solid knowledge base in business administration at a supportive level, keen organizational skills, polished business acumen, the ability to anticipate the needs of our diverse and growing organization and be instrumental in helping define and determine organizational health, including supporting the initiation, planning and execution of projects. Able to work with various team members and act as a problem solver by providing workable solutions that address unexpected issues.
- Provides and reviews Tier 1 and Tier 2 support to clients and ensure that service levels are achieved. Ensure that customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Oversee requests, incidents and problems related to Help Desk. Coordinates urgent and complicated support issues, escalate to Tier 2 & Tier 3 after proper troubleshooting has been accomplished and documented.
- Oversees the operation and maintenance of computer and peripheral equipment.
- Participates in the diagnosis and resolution of hardware and production problems.
- Works with the Management Information Systems (MIS) Director and team in the development and on-going maintenance and expansion of the Information Technology Systems.
- Assists with research, assessment and implementation of new technological advancements and upgrades.
- Acquires and installs local area network and wide area network.
- Reads technical manuals to determine equipment which meets establishment requirements.
- Schedules, plans and performs systems upgrades, including coordinating the transition from test to production environments.
- Installs and maintains file servers, workstations, cabling, peripherals and other network and communications hardware, as needed.
- Updates documentation to record new equipment installed, new sites, and changes to computer configurations.
- Upgrades systems and installs software applications
o Performs installations and upgrades, verifying correct operation
o Replaces defective or inadequate software packages
- Provides technical support for system users
- Fields phone calls and email questions from computer users seeking guidance. Instructs users in use of equipment and software. Explains user procedures necessary to transmit data or complete a function.
- Ascertains from computer use the nature of problem, formulates diagnosis and assists users/team through problem solving steps.
- Applies understanding of computer software and hardware to resolve problems of users.
- Juggle multiple priorities and react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Learn new technology, and become an expert in existing, new software and ongoing software updates.
- Establish credibility with our users who have a wide range of backgrounds and skillsets.
- Follow up with users after training is completed to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Learns and applies emerging technologies and advances as necessary to preform duties in an effective, organized, and timely manner.
- Preform other duties as requested by supervisor
The items listed above are intended to provide an overview of the essential functions of the job. This is not an exhaustive list of all functions and responsibilities that the position may be required to provide.
Skill / Requirements
* Must have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred in Business or Computer Science and/or Information Systems
* Must have at least three (3) or more years of experience in a Helpdesk role.
* Must have at least three (3) years of experience in a non-profit or other public agency that provides broad knowledge of administrative systems; or an equivalent combination of education, certification, training and/or experience
* Possess excellent organizational skills, written and verbal communication.
* Able and willing to work with a diverse client community.
Attention to communication: The ability to ensure that information is passed on to others who should be kept informed.
Building Collaborative Relationships: The ability to develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with others inside or outside the organization who can provide information, assistance and support.
Customer Orientation: The ability to demonstrate the concern for satisfying one’s external/and or internal customers.
Written Communication: The ability to express one’s self in business writing.
Thoroughness: Ensuring that one’s own and others work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments are fulfilled.
Analytical/critical thinking: The ability to tackle a problem using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
Self-confidence: Faith in one’s own ideas and capabilities to be successful.
ChildNet is committed to equal employment opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, sex, age, religion, color, disability, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, veterans status or military service obligation, medical condition, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression and any other status protected by applicable law. Including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and CFOP 60-10, Chapter 4. ChildNet is also a Drug-Free Workplace (DFWP).