Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
As an Administrative Assistant for the Development/Philanthropy Department you will support the growing needs of our programs. You will provide administrative support to Management staff. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled professional who has a passion for making a positive difference and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Mission driven uplifting work culture
- Great benefits suite
- Generous paid time off including holidays
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Culture for continuous improvement and only being the best!
- Compose and/or type letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Take dictation, transcribe notes or voice recordings and distribute the minutes of management or Board of Director meetings.
- Provide needed administrative support that may include assisting in contract proposals, insurance renewals, fund-raising events, data compilation, budget preparation, meeting preparation, etc.
- Coordinate meetings and travel arrangements, reservations, and other accommodations.
- Arrange meetings (i.e., Board of Directors, Regional Management Team) including necessary accommodations.
- Assist with special projects and Board committee support work as needed.
- Provide needed secretarial support such as filing, maintaining records, copying, answering telephones, opening and distributing mail, etc.
- Maintain list of Board of Directors or Auxiliary.
- May order supplies for the office/facility and track inventory.
- May supervise or provide guidance to other administrative staff.
- May assist other management team members as directed.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet software
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive data
- Ability to speak, read and write English at the college level
- Ability to type 55-60 wpm
- Ability to work independently and set priorities
- Ability to work in a multitask environment
- Attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required
- Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of secretarial training or work experience
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.