Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager Intern
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Dependency Case Management
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As a Case Manager Intern you'll assist and learn from our strategic care team who are charged with overseeing the children in need, while addressing the factors that have put them at risk for out-of-home placement. Our end goal? To help create permanent, stable, and safe home environments for all of Florida's kids.
- Assist Case Managers, Counselors or Social Workers in providing case management support services (i.e., information, in-home services, visitations, assessments, referral and linkages).
- Help provide support to children, caregivers and family members to assure stable placement and timely achievement of permanency.
- Learn and review how to conduct child safety assessments, assess client needs, and develop service plans.
- Assist in providing quality of care by complying with contract requirements for contacting clients by phone, by letter, and/or by conducting home/residential visits.
- Learn and review client records and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards (initial assessments, goal planning, progress notes termination summaries, etc.); Learn and review service plan progress and evaluate reports from multiple service providers
- Co-facilitate educational classes such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger/behavior management, household management, pregnancy/pre-natal care, etc.; co-lead parent/child play groups; and assist in overseeing children during scheduled visits, in home services, or other situations as directed.
- Learn and review case/status reports and attend court cases regarding reunification, termination of parental rights or other permanency plans.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to identify and understand environmental stressors
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
- Ability to travel and make home visits with case manager
- Awareness of social, economic, cultural and environmental factors in the resolution of family and personal problems
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Currently enrolled In a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program within a human services related field such as:
- Criminology, Psychology, Sociology, Social Work, Counseling, Special Education, Education, Human Development, Child Development, Family Development, Marriage and Family Therapy and Nursing.
- Ability to commit to part-time hours between 5-20 hours/week anytime during Monday-Friday 8 am - 7 pm.
Please note this is an unpaid internship opportunity to provide you a learning experience.
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we have been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.