Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Clinical Counselor Internship - Fall 2019
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Clinical Counseling
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
As a Clinical Counselor Intern you’ll assist our staff in providing services that offer hope, healing, and health to children, teens, and adults through clinical and supportive counseling services. This unpaid internship opportunity that will provide real-world experience within clinical counseling in a multigenerational and multicultural client setting!
- Assist in administrative duties for clinical services such as scheduling medical appointments, prescription management, conducting medical reports for DCF and processing referrals and insurance authorization
- Assist in providing clinical and supportive counseling services for individual, group and family therapy in a multi-generational/multicultural client setting
- Obtain intakes, provide clinical assessments, diagnosis of clinical conditions, engage in treatment plan development, and provide counseling and discharge for children and families who are uninsured
- All duties are completed under the supervision of a licensed clinician
- Working knowledge about clinical counseling
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Clinical Master's degree program within Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling or comparable human services related degree seeking licensure upon graduation (CACREP program preferred)
- Must be available anytime between the hours of 8 am and 5 pm to complete internship hours
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.