Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Case Management
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As a Counselor I, you will identify and assess client and family needs and evaluate, coordinate and provide necessary services. You will be responsible for daycare assistance referrals for our dependency case management clients! You'll become a part of a strategic care team charged with overseeing the children in need, while addressing the factors that have put them at risk for out-of-home placement. Our end goal? To help create permanent, stable, and safe home environments for all of Florida's kids.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Assess client needs, refer to appropriate community resources and advocate for needed services.
- Develop or maintain client records and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards (assessments, service and treatment plans, activity logs, service documentation, etc.)
- Arrange for transportation of clients to appointments as needed.
- Monitor quality of care by conducting home/residential/school visits.
- Coordinate multi-disciplinary staffing to develop, update or revise service plans and attend community multi-disciplinary meetings.
- May coordinate and supervise family visitation as necessary.
- May transport clients to/from family visitation
- Participate in BHOS treatment team meetings
- Coordinate services with other professionals and para-professionals.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Ability to build trusting relationships with clients
- Ability to effectively interact with families from diverse cultures
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Ability to identify and understand environmental stressors
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to make accurate assessments of individuals and families and report accurate findings
- Ability to make home visits as necessary
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
- Ability to understand and maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to work flexible hours as required
- Awareness of sociocultural characteristics of service population
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of community resources
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work or the human service field. For Social Worker I, a Bachelor's degree in Social Work is required
- Experience working with young children and families
- For Unaccompanied Alien Child/Minor Program, bilingual required (English/Spanish)
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
- Preferred previous experience working in a social services organization
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.