Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Case Management
- Regular Full-Time
We’re working toward a world where all children realize their full potential…
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there. Founded in 1902 to provide safe, loving homes for orphans, CHS is now one of the oldest, largest and most respected nonprofit organizations in Florida. Delivering hope to more than 50,000 children and family members across the state, we continue to do more. We are leading the nation in developing and delivering solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
Will you join us? Are you ready to HELP CHILDREN find–and achieve–their full potential? Are you ready to make a POSITIVE DIFFERENCE in the lives of children and their families? If so, we want to talk to YOU.
We’re seeking an experienced Counselor II to support our growing needs for child case management services. You’ll identify and assess client and family needs and evaluate, coordinate and provide necessary services and/or treatments are provided. You will also provide in-home supportive counseling services to clients, complete required assessments, and assist individuals and families toward the goal of recognizing their full potential. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for making a positive difference and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
- Provide Behavioral Health Overlay Services (BHOS) interventions under the supervision of a licensed clinician while upholding the CHS Standard of Care.
- Facilitate psycho-educational classes/groups, such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger management, behavior management, etc.
- Provide supportive counseling services through individual, family and group counseling.
- Provide case management services including information, plan referral and links; coordinate services with other professionals and para-professionals and liaise with outside social service agencies and other organizations, where appropriate.
- Train direct care team members regarding components of the individualized treatment plan.
- Participate in BHOS treatment team meetings.
- Develop the behavioral health aspects of child’s discharge plan.
- Conduct community outreach as needed.
- Coordinate and supervise family visitation, as necessary.
Develop and maintain clinical records and program documentation, such as assessments, treatment plans, progress notes and termination summaries, according to contract and CHS Standards.
- Generate and maintain necessary reports and paperwork (i.e., Quality Assurance and program reports
- Contribute to an engaging, positive work environment.
- Participate actively in departmental meetings, training and education, as well as the quality management process.
- Comply with CHS policies, procedures, code of conduct, contracts and other legal obligations.
- Assist with training other employees and providing back up when necessary.
- Pick up projects on the fly; perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Demonstrate the CHS Values in the performance of all job duties.
- Working knowledge of the social services field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field Note: Positions with Social Worker in the title require the Bachelor’s degree to be specifically in Social Work.
- Minimum of two years experience working with children and families
With more than 1,900 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of children’s services in the state of Florida. We’re an employer and career path of choice for any aspiring professional committed to growth and excellence. At CHS, we do good.
At CHS, we’ve created a workplace that supports what drives you personally and professionally. Competitive salaries … paid holidays … generous paid time off … flexible work schedules … and a sweet benefits suite that doesn’t just say we care about you, but truly demonstrates it!