Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Case Management
- Regular Full-Time
Are you passionate about making a positive difference for generations to come?
Are you caring, thoughtful, and innovative?
If you want to join the largest, oldest, and leading premier nonprofit organization within child welfare,
Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As a Counselor II you will support our growing needs for child case management services. You’ll identify and assess client and family needs and evaluate, coordinate and provide necessary services and/or treatments are provided. You will also provide in-home supportive counseling services to clients, complete required assessments, and assist individuals and families toward the goal of recognizing their full potential. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for making a positive difference and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Mission driven uplifting work culture
- Great benefits suite including generous paid time off and holidays
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Culture for continuous improvement and only being the best!
- Provide Behavioral Health Overlay Services (BHOS) interventions under the supervision of a licensed clinician while upholding the CHS Standard of Care.
- Facilitate psycho-educational classes/groups, such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger management, behavior management, etc.
- Provide supportive counseling services through individual, family and group counseling.
- Provide case management services including information, plan referral and links; coordinate services with other professionals and para-professionals and liaise with outside social service agencies and other organizations, where appropriate.
- Train direct care team members regarding components of the individualized treatment plan.
- Participate in BHOS treatment team meetings.
- Develop the behavioral health aspects of child’s discharge plan.
- Conduct community outreach as needed.
- Coordinate and supervise family visitation, as necessary.
Develop and maintain clinical records and program documentation, such as assessments, treatment plans, progress notes and termination summaries, according to contract and CHS Standards.
- Generate and maintain necessary reports and paperwork (i.e., Quality Assurance and program reports
- Working knowledge of the social services field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field Note: Positions with Social Worker in the title require the Bachelor’s degree to be specifically in Social Work.
- Minimum of two years experience working with children and families
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we have been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.