Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dependency Case Manager Trainee
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Dependency Case Management
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As a Dependency Case Manager Trainee (DCMT) you'll become a part of a strategic care team charged with overseeing the children in need, while addressing the factors that have put them at risk for out-of-home placement. Our end goal? To help create permanent, stable, and safe home environments for all of Florida's kids.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Fully paid DCM certification program including exam and fees!
Please watch the day in the life "Get Real: Life as a Case Manager" video above in its entirety (required for application purposes) and the My CHS Why video testimonial below to see if this is the best fit for you!
- Assess child and family needs to create referrals and linkages to services such as subsidy and medical coverage.
- Facilitate removal and placement of children into safe and stable care while also supporting the families and care givers during the process.
- Develop and maintain quality case and program written documentation that reflects client progress and also meets CHS, funders, and DCF requirements.
- Travel to conduct home visits to access children’s living environments and provide recommendations to their families and caregivers in a supportive manner.
- Testify at court by providing client case status reports and recommendations regarding reunification, termination of parental rights or other permanency plans.
- Build relationships with CHS team members and community partners in order to help facilitate discussions and meetings regarding case needs and recommendations
- Provide on call support required as scheduled
- DCM Trainee candidates only: Attend a paid classroom training program, Phase I Child Protection Certification, and upon successful completion, enter Phase II, a hands on supervised field practice that leads to full certification. This on the job training opportunity will allow you to strengthen your skills in case management.
- Strong time management skills and the ability shift priorities to meet outcomes
- Effective organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries and handle confidential information appropriately.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change.
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- Bachelor's Degree in human services related field
- Must successfully complete:
- The prescribed Child Protection Certification training and examination.
- A considerable period of monitored field practice under close supervision and the associated field case requirement.
- The CHS Dependency Experience Waiver learning path, unless the employee possesses one of the below preferred qualifications.
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we have been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.