Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Dependency Specialist - Family Team Conference Facilitator
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Dependency Case Management
- Regular Full-Time
- Travel Range
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's history.
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right services and solutions to address the needs of children and families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team throughout the state, we’re changing the face of foster care and positively impacting children and families’ lives for generations to come.
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving Florida's children and families!
As a Dependency Specialist you will provide specialized assistance to Dependency staff and the children and families in care. You will provide education and support services with the end goal of aiding in family stability and success, in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's history!
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Coordinate planning strategies with other agencies as applicable
- Assist in the assessment client’s behaviors and emotional needs to determine the best possible home match.
- Provide on call support after hours and provide transportation.
- Provide on site support to prevent placement disruption and may carry caseload.
- Facilitate placement needs of children (Medicaid/SSN card, Blue Book, medical information).
- Receive and review referrals for placement in CHS homes and Conduct home visits.
- Act as a liaison with the case manager, school and other parties relevant to a child placed in a CHS home.
- Review and follow up on incident reports pertaining to incidents in CHS foster or adoptive homes.
- Maintain positive relationships with other agencies and community members as applicable.
- Attend court hearings, testify in court proceedings, and prepare documentation for court proceedings.
- Receive and process requests for placement, re-placement, respite, or step down/step-up in level of care for children in care or sheltered.
- Maintain close contact with approved providers of care and secure daily reports of bed availability.
- Monitor and evaluate cases where a child has been in a shelter setting longer than 30 days.
- Coordinate the permanency plans and visitation agreements are in place in cases where siblings are separated.
- Ability to accommodate flexible work schedule
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions and implement plans
- Ability to set and meet deadlines, problem solve and manage multiple tasks
- Effective leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Well organized and results oriented with strong customer service skills
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services related field
- Two years of experience in the delivery of services in a dependency environment
- Child Protection Professional certification
- Florida Driver's License within 30 days from hire
- MSW or related master’s degree
- Experience training or supervising foster parents
- MAPP or PRIDE certification
- Experience or knowledge of special needs children
Together, good can be done.