Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Early Childhood Educator Aide (Temporary)
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Early Childhood
- Pay rate
- USD $9.00/Hr.
- Salary range from
- USD $10.50/Hr.
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As an Early Childhood Educator Aide (Temporary/part-time position) you will support our growing needs for early childhood education services. You’ll Assists in supervising an assigned group of children with the goal of helping them learn, play, and grow! This is an excellent opportunity for a positive and dedicated early childhood education professional who has a passion for children’s development and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Assist in developing and maintaining age-appropriate lesson plans and program materials to comply with State mandated and/or program specific requirements.
- Assist with delivering program and curriculum in compliance with agency policies, COA standards, Florida Statutes, etc.
- Assist in supervising individual and group activities to stimulate growth in language, social, and motor skills, such as learning to listen to instructions, playing with others and using play equipment, good health habits and other self-help activities.
- Recommend supplies and equipment required for the program.
- Model appropriate behavior and instruct children in activities designed to promote social, physical and intellectual growth while maintaining a positive atmosphere.
- Assist in supervising children in classroom, playground and lunch/snack activities.
- Assist in noting each child's development through observation and assessment tools and report any development areas that may need attention.
- Participate in creating consistent, stable, and supportive relationships with each child's family
- Maintain a clean, safe, healthy, enjoyable and respectful environment; clean classroom and sanitize toys and equipment, as required by Florida Statutes.
- Maintain cooperative relationships with administrators, supervisors and other staff.
- Attend program, administrative and staff meetings as designated.
- Complete State of Florida and program-required training within required timeframes and remain current in order to meet/maintain requirements; maintain record of certifications / training completed.
- Report incidents and accidents within required timeframes and in accordance with Children’s Home Society of Florida’s policy and procedure.
- Working knowledge of the early childhood education field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- One year direct experience or training in the care of infants or very young children and their needs for consistency, kindness and appropriate stimulation, in a group setting
- Must have completed or begin DCF’s Introduction to Child Care Training within 90 days of employment and complete the training within 12 months.
- Must have completed or complete DCF’s Early Literacy and Language Development training within 12 months of date of employment
- Valid First Aid and CPR certification within 30 days of hire
- Valid Florida Driver’s License within 30 days of hire
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.