Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Worker
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Case Management
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
As a Family Support Worker experienced in working with children and families, you will be providing support to our growing case management services, and be part of a team of para-professionals charged with attending to the needs of children and families. You will provide education and support services with the end goal of aiding in family stability and success, in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Mission driven uplifting work culture
- Great benefits suite
- Generous paid time off including holidays
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Culture for continuous improvement and only being the best!
- Assist in developing and maintaining client records and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards (initial assessments, goal planning, progress notes termination summaries, etc.); enter necessary information into required software system(s) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide appropriate modeling techniques, education and other supportive services as delineated in service plan.
- Assist Case Manager, Counselor or Social Worker in providing case management support services (i.e., information, assessments, referral and linkages).
- Directly transport or arrange for transportation of clients to visitations, medical appointments, counseling, shopping, etc.
- Monitor quality of care by complying with contract requirements for contacting clients by phone, by letter, and/or by conducting home/residential visits.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate educational classes such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger management, household management, behavior management, pregnancy/pre-natal care etc.
- Co-lead parent/child play groups.
- Supervise children during scheduled visits, in-home services, visitations or in other situations as directed.
- Participate in weekly client staff meetings, as requested.
- Participate in the quality management process.
- Ability to:
- Be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Work in a diverse environment
- Handle confidential information appropriately
- Act decisively when necessary to protect client
- Establish trusting relationships
- Observe and accurately report the functioning of individuals and families
- Set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
- Work flexible hours
- Make home visits/travel
- Handle emergencies and life threatening situations effectively
- SKills and proficiency in:
- Verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Stong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective parenting skills
- Excellent listening skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Two years of experience working with children and families required
When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.