Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Family Support Worker - Central Florida Visitation Centers
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Case Management
- Regular Full-Time
- Pay rate
- USD $9.50/Hr.
- 02 - Osceola Visitation Ctr.
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
As a Family Support Worker for our new Visitation Centers in Central Florida (Osceola, Orange and Seminole counties) you will be providing support to our growing case management services, and be part of a strategic care team charged with overseeing the children in need. You will provide transportation and support services to children and families. Our end goal? To help create permanent, stable, and safe home environments for all of Florida's kids.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Assist in developing and maintaining client records and program documentation according to contract and CHS standards (initial assessments, goal planning, progress notes termination summaries, etc.); enter necessary information into required software system(s) in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide appropriate modeling techniques, education and other supportive services as delineated in service plan.
- Assist Case Manager, Counselor or Social Worker in providing case management support services (i.e., information, assessments, referral and linkages).
- Directly transport or arrange for transportation of clients to visitations, medical appointments, counseling, shopping, etc.
- Monitor quality of care by complying with contract requirements for contacting clients by phone, by letter, and/or by conducting home/residential visits.
- Facilitate or co-facilitate educational classes such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger management, household management, behavior management, pregnancy/pre-natal care etc.
- Co-lead parent/child play groups.
- Supervise children during scheduled visits, in-home services, visitations or in other situations as directed.
- Participate in weekly client staff meetings, as requested.
- Participate in the quality management process.
- Ability to handle confidential information appropriately
- Effective verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills
- Ability to make home visits/travel
- Ability to learn computer skills sufficient to perform all essential functions
- Ability to be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics
- Commitment to effectively and efficiently providing customer service satisfaction with positive service delivery results
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to act decisively when necessary to protect client
- Ability to establish trusting relationships
- Ability to handle emergencies and life threatening situations effectively
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to observe and accurately report the functioning of individuals and families
- Ability to set appropriate limits and boundaries with clients
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Effective parenting skills
- Excellent listening skills
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Experience working with children and families required
The hourly pay rate for this position is $9.50.
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we have been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.