Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Independent Support Coordinator
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Case Management
- Regular Full-Time
- Pay rate
- USD $32,510.00/Yr.
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's history.
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right services and solutions to address the needs of children and families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team throughout the state, we’re changing the face of foster care and positively impacting children and families’ lives for generations to come.
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving Florida's children and families!
As an Independent Support Coordinator you will support our growing needs for case management services for the Early Steps Program. You’ll assess, secure, coordinate, and monitor satisfaction of services and progress toward outcomes for persons with developmental disabilities. This is an excellent opportunity for a focused and dedicated social services professional who has a passion for advocacy and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's history!
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Evaluate client needs by securing information on medical, psychological and social factors contributing to client's situation.
- Develop support plans with outcomes and action steps toward achievement.
- Provide case management services for program clients.
- Coordinate linkage of needed services and advocate for client needs.
- Conduct home visits.
- Prepare case notes, reports, statistical reports and other materials.
- Complete invoicing process as assigned by supervisor for specific clients.
- Maintain accurate file documentation.
- Review support plans; perform follow-up to determine quantity and quality of service provided to client and status of client's case.
- Provide crisis management assistance as necessary.
- Verify client's eligibility for Medicaid and obtain Medicaid number.
- Submit monthly program billing.
- Participate in quality improvement process.
- Working knowledge of the case management field
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
- A sincere passion for helping others in need
- Bachelor's degree in Social, Behavioral or Health Sciences
- Two years of experience working with developmentally disabled children
- Florida Driver’s License within 30 days from hire
The annual salary for this position is $32,510.