Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Early Childhood
- Regular Full-Time
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
We’re seeking an Infant/Toddler Teacher to support our growing needs in our Early Head Start (EHS) Program. You will be the primary teacher for infant and toddlers to ensure they have safe and healthy learning environments. This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic EHS professional who has a passion for making a positive difference in the lives of children and families.
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Provide the safety of each child at all times through active supervision, effective arrangement of space and materials, and proper maintenance of equipment.
- Carry out childcare routines in a manner that is respectful, prompt, hygienic, and consistent with best practice.
- Observe children to detect signs of illness, injury, abuse, neglect, emotional disturbance, or other special needs, and report these signs immediately to the Center Director or designee.
- Operate and maintain the classroom arrangement, appearance, decor, and cleanliness providing compliance with all licensing, Office of Head Start (OHS), and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Regularly observe and evaluate children's development and document progress on individual and school readiness goals.
- Plan and submit complete lesson plans, goals, and resources, as assigned.
- Plan and implement age- and developmentally-appropriate experiences that promote physical, emotional, social, and cognitive development through conversation, play, and creativity, both indoors and outdoors.
- Interact positively with each child throughout all aspects of the daily routine.
- Promote and nurture parent-child bonding and relationships.
- Inform families about their children’s experiences through daily contacts and regularly scheduled home visits and parent conferences.
- Serve as a role model for the children and families, treating them with dignity and respect.
- Pretty strong knowledge about all things Early Head Start
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results,
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change, and
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential with Infant Toddler Endorsement or equivalent college coursework, required
- Experience working with children ages birth to three
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.