Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youth/Child Care Worker
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Youth/Child Care
- Salary range from
- USD $10.50/Hr.
- Salary range to
- USD $11.00/Hr.
Do you have what it takes to reshape the future for children?
Do you believe in empowering children and families to realize their full potential?
Are you ready for a meaningful career that impact lives for generations?
Then Children's Home Society of Florida is for you!
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families.
As a Youth/Child Care Worker to support our growing needs for our Residential program services for Hacienda Girls Ranch. You will work with a team charged with attending to the needs of children placed in care by the Department of Children and Families, with the goal of establishing continuity and security for those children.
Full-time and part-time positions available!
WHY JOIN CHS?
- Uplifting mission-driven work culture
- Growth and professional development opportunities
- Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
- Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
- Supervise and positively interact with children/youth.
- Engage in and supervise age appropriate play activities with children/youth.
- Direct children/ youth in eating, resting and hygiene.
- Conduct oneself as a "role model" for children/youth; provide appropriate direction of children/youth in their daily routine; give children/youth positive reinforcement as appropriate.
- Dispense medication to children/youth as instructed.
- Provide first aid treatment as necessary.
- Maintain complete and accurate daily records and report suspected child abuse/neglect as mandated by law.
- Implement behavior modification techniques as instructed.
- Prepare meals utilizing provided menus.
- Conduct and document required fire drills.
- Maintain the order, safety, cleanliness of the facility and grounds; responsible for housekeeping and laundry; supervise children/youth in assisting with chores.
- Transport children/youth to school and medical appointments as necessary.
- Maintain company vehicle in clean condition and good repair.
- Participate in the quality improvement process.
- Provide Behavioral Health Overlay Services (BHOS) to clients under the direction and supervision of the clinical staff.
- Provide daily living and social skills to clients as part of the BHOS treatment plan.
- Maintain familiarization with BHOS documentation requirements and patient rights.
- Respond to special clinical circumstances of BHOS clients including behavioral and medical emergencies.
- Pretty strong knowledge about all things youth/child care
- Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results,
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families.
- Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change, and
- A sincere passion for helping others in need.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 6 months of experience or TOP Model Training
As the leading, most reputable organization in Florida serving children and families, Children's Home Society of Florida delivers innovative solutions that transform the lives and futures of children and families. When children and families face complex challenges, Children’s Home Society of Florida (CHS) is there - we been delivering the right solutions at the right time since 1902. With our innovative practices and commitment to excellence, we are the only organization with the size, scope and depth of services that can reshape the future for children. With more than 1,800 team members, CHS is the #1 provider of services and solutions to children and families in Florida.