City of Delray Beach, Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Well Maintenance Technician
at City of Delray Beach, Florida
- Job Description
Veterans' Preference Applies
The City of Delray Beach does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability, marital status, family status or sexual orientation in employment or the provision of services
The City of Delray Beach is a Non-Tobacco Workplace. The City will not consider applicants who have used tobacco or nicotine products for a period of at least three months prior to application for employment. The definition of "tobacco or nicotine products" includes but is not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco, pipes, snuff, e-cigarettes and nicotine patches or gum.
Technical work maintaining and repairing raw water wells. Work is performed under general supervision.
- Operate and maintain all wells.
- Operate and maintain expensive instrumentation equipment.
- Operate, maintain, clean, repair and service well equipment as needed.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. All employees will be required to perform other job related marginal duties as required.)
- Essential Job Duties
FULL PERFORMANCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of operation and maintenance of wells.
- Technical, mechanical and mathematical knowledge.
- Ability to read and understand as-builds, schematics and diagrams.
- Ability to follow and understand written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate with public and fellow employees.
- Ability to work in a confined space and to perform manual work in various conditions.
- Skill in repair of various equipment.
- Skill in trouble shooting of wells.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High school graduation or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma.
- Two (2) years mechanical experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Florida Driver's license with good driving record.
- Supplemental Information
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Heavy (46 pounds and over) lifting and carrying
- Distinguish colors
- Pulling, walking, standing, crawling, kneeling, bending, stooping and driving
- In or moving vehicles
- Works inside and outside in various weather conditions with noise, dust, fumes, gases, chemicals, solvents, grease or oils, electrical energy, slippery surfaces, uneven surfaces, odors
- Heights (up to 60 feet) or below ground level
- Poor lighting
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability).
SELECTION GUIDELINES: Formal application, rating of education and experience; oral interview and reference check; job related tests might be required. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement with the employer, and requirements of the job may change.