City of Fort Lauderdale
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SENIOR PLUMBING INSPECTOR
at City of Fort Lauderdale
- POSITION SUMMARY
- The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking dynamic and goal-driven employees. Employees that are motivated to take on today's greatest challenges and rewards in the field of local public service. Employees who are passionate about making a difference and achieving our mission: We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Would you fit in? Apply now.
The Building Services Division at the Department of Sustainable Development is seeking a Senior Plumbing Inspector.
A Senior Plumbing Inspector inspects new and existing plumbing installations in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings for compliance with the Florida Building Code, safety standards, laws and ordinances. Reviews building plans and specifications of proposed plumbing installations in detail for compliance with the Florida Building Code, City Code of Ordinances and other applicable rules and regulations effective in the City prior to the issuance of building permits.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Teamsters Local Union 769 and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Teamsters Local Union 769.
The City offers a wide variety of benefits to their employees. In addition to the competitive benefits package and salary, the City offers 401(a) participation with a 9% City contribution and no employee match!!
Say "Hello" to the City of Fort Lauderdale and Say "Goodbye" to Your Student Loan!
That's right! Under the U.S. Department of Education's Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, the remaining balance on your student loan may be forgiven after you have made 120 qualifying monthly payments while working full-time at the City of Fort Lauderdale! Please visit StudentAid.gov/publicservice for more information or to see if you qualify.
- ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Essential functions are the basic job duties that an employee must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of essential functions, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of a function does not preclude management from assigning essential duties not listed herein if such duties relate to the position.
- Inspects new and existing plumbing installations in residential, commercial, and industrial buildings for conformance with the FBC, safety standards, laws and ordinances
- Occasionally reviews building plans and specifications of proposed plumbing installations in detail for conformity with the FBC, City Code of Ordinances and other applicable rules and regulations
- Confers with architects, engineers, general contractors, attorneys, property owners and others regarding plans review, inspections, building materials and practices, and code enforcement matters
- Inspects alterations and repair jobs involving plumbing systems
- Investigates complaints relating to plumbing systems in construction, repairs and alterations, interviews property owners, tenants and complainants to determine nature of violations and recommending corrective measures
- Electronically prepares reports and maintains inspection records of work performed and properly enters inspection data, including documents and images using provided hardware and software systems and equipment
- Performs related work as required
- JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Qualifying work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
- Must have five (5) years construction experience in the plumbing discipline in a supervisory capacity or
- Must have five (5) years construction experience in the plumbing discipline and five (5) years as an active State Certified Plumbing Inspector (Building Code Administrators and Inspectors Board (BCAIB),) or
- Must be certified by DBPR-FBPE as an Engineer in the discipline requested and having practiced for at least three (3) years, or
- Must be a certified Master Plumber, or
- Must be a certified Journeyman Plumber for not less than five (5) years, and
- Must be certified by the State of Florida, BCAIB, as a Plumbing Plans Examiner with two (2) years' experience as a BCAIB Certified Plumbing Inspector
- Possess a Florida driver's license with an acceptable driving record, or be able to obtain one by date of hire.
Non-Essential Employees will not be required to work during a declared emergency but may be required to work in some capacity after the declared emergency. The employee's Department Head will determine when the employee will be required to work.
NOTE: Required certifications must be kept current to continue employment in this class.
- HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form (J204) at time of application.
SENIOR PLUMBING INSPECTOR SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
Established Date: 11/18/2018 Revised Date: N/A
Management Category: N/A Classification Level: Advanced
FLSA: Non-Exempt EEO Code: 1 – Official/Administrator
Job Code: TM118 Pay Grade: TG11