City of Palm Bay, FL.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of Palm Bay, FL.
Pay: up to $39143.00/year
Salary : $39,143.00 Annually
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 2391895
Overall Job Objective
|Job Title:||Police Officer|
|Salary:||$39,143.00 Annually |
|Location:||Palm Bay, Florida|
THE CITY OF PALM BAY IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR THE
POSITION OF POLICE OFFICER
THERE IS NO TEST DATE SCHEDULED FOR THIS POSTING
A TEST DATE WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT A LATER DATE
This is a highly responsible position that involves networking with the community and the protection of life and property. This is accomplished through patrol work, criminal investigation, community policing and enforcement of the laws of the State of Florida and the Ordinances of the City of Palm Bay. Starting Salary for State of Florida Certified Police Officer $39,143.
Requirements for the Position:
1. Applicants must possess a valid Florida Driver's License prior to employment and maintain a safe and acceptable driving record.
2. Applicants must also meet one of the following criteria:
*See Website for detailed minimum requirements.
Applicants must complete a City of Palm Bay Employment Application. Resumes alone are not acceptable. Please attach your DD214, proof of college degree, FDLE certification, and Brevard Police Testing Center completion, if applicable.
Accepted applicants will be required to take the FrontLine National Test, which is an entry level Police Officer exam.
Frontline Test Date: TBD
Certifications/Documents should be attached electronically.
NOTE: Palm Bay Police Department has a policy regarding tattoos which states: Tattoos will not be permitted on the head, face, neck, scalp. Non-offensive tattoos are permitted on the arms. Therefore applicants with tattoos that show above a shirt collar or considered offensive would not meet this requirement.
• Applicants complete an Employment Application and answer all questions on the application. Any admissions made which would violate Police Department Employment Standards will automatically cause the applicant to be disqualified.
• Applicants invited to test must pass the FrontLine Human Relations Video test, Reading Test, and Incident Observation and Report Writing Video Test to continue on in the process. Minimum acceptable score for the reading and writing portions of the test is 70%; video portion is 65%. You must meet the minimum score in each portion of the test to be moved forward in the process.
•Applicants who progress through the background investigation without adverse information will be interviewed.
• Applicants still in process at this phase will undergo a practical assessment, a comprehensive background investigation; polygraph examination; medical examination; drug test, and a psychological evaluation.
The city continually tests applicants. Candidates who successfully complete the FrontLine assessment process will be merged with prior successful candidates to create the eligibility lists. Applicants who have not received a conditional offer letter will be removed from the eligibility list after one year.
An examination fee of $30 is required for testing. Payment must be paid with cash, money order, or cashier check made out to the City of Palm Bay. Additional information regarding payment will be provided upon acceptance of your application.
Applicants, who believe they qualify, may apply for a fee waiver that will be ruled upon prior to administering the test(s). The fee waiver will be applied if the applicant produces proof of the receipt of the Florida State equivalency of General Assistance (welfare); Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (Previously AFDC) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), or Unemployment Benefits.
NOTE: FrontLine National Video Practice Test - FrontLine National is a video-based testing system that assesses critical skills necessary to be a law enforcement officer and includes the often overlooked content areas of teamwork and human relations as well as reading and writing ability. The FrontLine National Practice Test will help you become familiar with the FrontLine National Test format. Practice tests may be purchased and taken at: www.ergometrics.org. Please note – it is not a requirement that you purchase and take the practice test. This is an option that is made available to you through Ergometrics.
Be sure to verify that you have given a current and accurate email address and telephone number as contact via your application will be made by email and/or telephone.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE EOE M/F/D/V/E-VERIFY
VETERANS PREFERENCE ELIGIBLE POSITION