City of Palm Bay, FL.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
School Crossing Guard Part-Time
at City of Palm Bay, FL.
Pay: up to $11.86/hour
$11.86 - $
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 2802847
Overall Job Objective
- MINIMUM TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
- THIS POSITION IS FOR REGULAR and SUBSTITUTE SCHOOL CROSSING GUARDS.
THIS POSITION IS 10 HOURS PER WEEK AND IS SCHEDULED AS FOLLOWS: 2 HOURS PER DAY, 1 HOUR IN THE MORNING AND 1 HOUR IN THE AFTERNOON. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS POSITION MAY NOT PROVIDE A REGULAR WORK SCHEDULE.
Prior training and experience is not required to obtain this position. Training for certification provided after being hired. See special requirements below. Must possess a valid Florida's Driver's License and have and maintain an acceptable driving record.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:Successful completion of the Federal Department of Transportation's (FDOT) 8-hour School Crossing Guard certification within 90 days of date of hire.
Selected candidates will be required to complete a thorough background check which includes the completion of a background packet, fingerprints, and a drug screen. A medical exam will also be required (paid for by the City).
- EMERGENCY DECLARATION STATUS
- Code 3: Non-essential employees will not be required to work during a declared emergency but may be required to work during an undeclared emergency or in the aftermath of an event associated with a declared emergency. On an incident by incident basis, the employee's Department Head will make the determination when the employee will be required to work and if they are re-assigned based on the needs of the City.
- GENERAL STATEMENT OF JOB
- Under general supervision, performs routine traffic control functions in support of activities of the Police Department. Work involves controlling traffic at an assigned intersection while students cross to and from school. Employee is responsible for reporting any accidents or unusual circumstances.This is a substitute position and therefore does not have a regular schedule, nor does it have a guaranteed number of work hours. Reports to the School Crossing Guard Supervisor.
- SPECIFIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBLITIES
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONSReports at the beginning and ending of each school day to an assigned intersection; stands in the intersection and holds any traffic at bay while students cross the street.
Responsible for the safety of children at their assigned intersection or post, who are coming and going to school.
May be required to assist with special events.
Reports any unusual situations to a supervisor.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs other related work as required.
The listed duties are only illustrative and are not intended to describe every function that may be performed by this job class. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.