City of St. Cloud Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at City of St. Cloud Florida
<****IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW -- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY****
Due to the high volume of applications received, If you are selected for initial testing, you will be notified by the background investigator.
The education and work experience sections of the application must be completed with current verifiable employer contact information and complete dates of employment since the age of 16. Begin your work history with your current place of employment and work backwards. Include any periods of unemployment and the reason applicable.
TESTING FOR THE CITY OF ST. CLOUD POLICE DEPARTMENT WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A NEED BY NEED BASIS.
POLICE OFFICER EMPLOYMENT PROCESS
Prior to conditional offer of employment:
1. Examination announcement
3. Written Examination
4. Place on eligibility list
5. Job Interview (information only - for background only)
6. Polygraph tests
7. Background and employment history investigation
8. Physical ability assessment course
After conditional offer of employment:
1. Physical and drug screen
2. Psychological exams
1. Field training program
2. Twelve (12) month probation
3. Regular Status
****IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW -- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY****
Please attach a copy of the following documents to your application:
- Social Security Card
- Birth Certificate/Naturalization documents
- Law Enforcement Certifications
- Name Changes (Adoption, Marriage, Divorce)
- High School Diploma/GED
- College Degree/Transcripts
- Test Scores - FDLE
- If applicable, Military DD214 form, (long-form with type of discharge)
- Major Duties
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Performs law enforcement patrol activities to include the following critical tasks: conducts teletype checks of property or person and records check on firearms, stolen equipment or wanted or stolen vehicles; assesses driver's ability to operate vehicle; transports mental patient, prisoner or suspect; conducts felony stops; searches for missing, lost or wanted persons; separates persons involved in domestic disputes; investigates, or removes ill, nuisance or dangerous animals; conducts dwelling, building or grounds check; pursues vehicles; detains driver of suspect vehicle; responds to alarm calls; subdues resisting offenders using force where appropriate, including deadly force; plans methods for making arrests; makes arrests; searches persons, places and things; performs riot control activities.
- Conducts law enforcement investigations to include the following critical tasks: records identifying marks on vehicle, firearm, etc; prepares and distributes Be-on-the-Lookout reports of wanted notices; coordinates activities at crash, crime or investigation scene; searches buildings or grounds for suspects; establishes identify of suspect; selects method for conducting search; collects crime scene evidence; transports evidence or property; protects or secures the crime scene; identifies person through records or pictures; shows mug shots to witnesses or victims; conducts live or photo lineup; checks agency records; checks establishments for wanted or missing person; gathers intelligence on known or suspected offenders; conducts interviews; interrogates suspects; takes sworn statements, formal confessions or depositions; prepares reports of affidavits; presents testimony and evidence in both civil and criminal court proceedings.
- Performs public interaction activities to include the following critical tasks: moves abused person to safe environment; obtains information on injuries to victims and suspects for reports; speaks before public groups; assists and refers mentally ill, indigent and other persons in need; physically moves persons, vehicles and other property from unsafe locations; administers first aid to injured person; administers CPR procedures on appropriate persons; provides security for special functions.
- Performs traffic related activities to include the following critical tasks: examines abandoned vehicles; investigates request to tow away vehicles; informs vehicle owner of legal obligations or procedures regarding removal of vehicle; measures speed of moving vehicles; directs traffic on land or water; observes traffic for violations; conducts traffic stop; investigates and reports hazardous roadway or waterway damage; controls parking; issues citation or warning; verbally counsels offenders in lieu of arrest or citation; rescues or assists in the rescue of trapped persons; informs person of crash about reporting and information exchange procedures; explains legal obligations to vehicle operators, conducts traffic crash investigations; administers field check to suspected intoxicated drivers.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements
- Requires High School graduation or GED equivalent.
- Completion of minimum standard training courses as set by the Florida Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission is preferred.
- Minimum 20 years of age
- One-year experience is preferred
- Maintenance of a current/valid State of Florida Driver License which meets requirements outlined in the City's Personnel Rules and Regulations Manual as well as any requirements by the City's insurance carrier (at no additional cost, or risk), and determined by the City to be an acceptable driving record history.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to move; reach with hands and arms and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to remain stationary; ascend or balance; position self to crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions.
The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.