City of St. Cloud Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recreation Counselor Part-Time
at City of St. Cloud Florida
WORK HOURS: VARIES
This is a position that plans, directs and coordinates a wide variety of camp recreation activities; adapts activities to the facilities available and to the participants interest.
- Major Duties
The functions listed below are those that represent the majority of the time spent working in this position. Management may assign additional functions related to the type of work of the position as necessary.
- Leads a schedule of diversified programs of activities including competitive and non-competitive recreation activities. (Activities include: sports, games, arts and crafts, songs, drama, storytelling, fieldtrips and tours, and special events etc.)
- Reports safety issues, inspects facilities, equipment, and play areas, and issues reports concerning maintenance needs.
- Assists with program and special event set-up and breakdown/clean-up.
- Enforces departmental policies and rules and is responsible for the safety of event and program participants.
- Complies with department policies.
- Maintains daily attendance and activity reports; submits them to the Recreation Camp Leader or Special Event and Program Supervisor.
- Meets with the Special Event and Program Supervisor and parents when necessary.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Minimum Requirements
Requires a passing grade on a swim test.
First Aid and CPR Certifications or the ability to successfully obtain within 90 days from the date of hire.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to remain stationary; reach with hands and arms and communicate. The employee is occasionally required to move; remain stationary; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; ascend and descent or balance; position self to crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situation to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Ability to conduct oneself in professional manner.
Skills working with young people and securing their adherence to rules, regulations and safe work practices.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instruction furnished in writing, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions (heat and cold). The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.