The purpose of this position is to lead efforts to improve business processes through IT automation in the City and perform network operations including, but not limited to, the setup, configuration and installation and maintenance of software application servers, server operating systems, routers, switches, security appliances, backup systems, and voice networks.
This is a highly skilled technical position and Essential Personnel position.
| Illustrative Examples of Essential Duties:|
|This is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent may be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.|
- Communicates technical issues to individuals with varying degrees of technical familiarity; translates change requests into technical constructs that define design for solution providers; provides written documentation of application design and technical procedures; develops and applies operating procedures applicable to information systems and office automation program.
- Implements Cisco, HP Routers, Switches, Wireless Bridges, hardware, firmware and software upgrades, local configurations, LAN's/WAN's, IP address and Network management, network monitoring, hardware and software fault isolation and resolution.
- Responsible for Planning, installing, and maintaining physical and logical network and network infrastructure devices such as routers, switches, backup systems, security appliances, network security, server hardware, server operating systems, networked applications, physical connectivity and upgrades
- Manages and maintains network operations and associated equipment; remote access systems, cabling, VPN clients, Windows-based operating systems and other networked and/or stand-alone applications.
- Performs advanced server operations on Windows server platforms including Server, 2008 and 2012 as well as VMWare, Citrix and Windows Terminal Server.
- Manages, maintains and troubleshoots Active Directory Services, DNS, DHCP, SQL, Exchange, WSUS, Unitrends, Office365, and Sunguard's One Solution. Advanced understanding of routing and switching protocols such as Spanning Tree, QoS, CoS and VoIP.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements network security measures in order to protect data, software, and hardware. Supports standard office automations tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, and MS Project.
- Manages and maintains Network and Intranet/Internet applications such as Exchange email and IIS.
- Provides support to desktops and applications. Responsible for backup, restore, and data/server replication.
- Keep current on updates and informs management and department members as changes may affect data and voice network operations.
- Support Business Intelligence Initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
| Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:|
- Advanced knowledge of Cisco hardware, IOS, and CLI. Advanced knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies. Knowledge of Microsoft Server products. Knowledge of Cisco Unified Communications Manager routing, switching, and security products. Knowledge of department and city policies and procedures and federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Knowledge of networking, routing, and switching protocols and proper network design.
- Excellent working knowledge Windows network environments, including but not limited to: Windows Server OS and applications, Anti-Virus Programs, TCP/IP Connectivity, Internet, PC Hardware, Windows 7, MS Office Suite, SQL, Data Analytics, and Business Intelligence.
- Skill in the installation, repair, and maintenance of information technology systems. Skill in planning, organization, and decision making. Skill in oral and written communication.
- Ability to communicate orally in the English language with customers, clients, and the public using a telephone, face to face, one to one setting, or using data network systems. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to produce written documents in the English language with clearly organized thoughts using proper sentence construction, punctuation, and grammar. Ability to act independently and logically to implement policies of supervisor. Ability to comprehend and make inferences from written material. Ability to learn job-related material primarily through oral instruction and observation. This learning takes place mainly in an on-the-job training setting.
- Ability to enter data or information into a terminal, PC or other keyboard device. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks at once. Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and staff at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work in a team environment; as well as independently with minimal supervision.
| Minimum Requirements:|
|Required Education & Experience:|
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or a closely related field supplemented by five (5) years' experience implementing maintaining and managing Cisco and HP Routers, Switch hardware, firmware and software upgrades, local configurations, LAN's/WAN's, IP address and Network management, network monitoring, hardware and software fault isolation and resolution and responsibility for router/switch install, upgrades, moves, adds and changes; or any acceptable related combination of training and experience. Three (3) years of professional level experience in computer systems operations or support position performing personal computer or information systems analysis and design.
- A Valid Florida driver's license is required.
- MCSE and CJIS certification preferred
- VMWare VCP; Security+;A+;PMI PMP or other project certification preferred.
- ITIL; CCNA or other networking certification preferred
- Server Certifications (Microsoft, Linux), Operating System Proficiency certifications preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- The essential job functions of this position will require the employee to perform the following physical activities. Employee accommodations for physical or mental disabilities will be considered on a case-by-case basis:
On a continuous basis, sit at desk and/or stand for long periods of time. Frequently required to walk. Frequently required to see, hear and talk with employees and the public. Frequently required to read and/or present documents, write or use keyboard to communicate through written means. On occasion required to drive a vehicle, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or smell. Intermittently twist and reach office equipment; lift or carry weight regularly of 10 pounds and on occasion weight of up to 50 pounds. On occasion may be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock. Specific vision requirements include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- There is a one-year probationary period.
- It is the responsibility of the incumbent to maintain their licenses and/or certifications as a job requirement.