City of Sunrise Florida
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lifeguard I P/T 122018
at City of Sunrise Florida
Pay: $32855.2 to $45291.2/year
$32855.2 - $45291.2
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1614487
Overall Job Objective
- NATURE OF WORKThis is skilled water safety work involving the prevention of accidents and injuries at a City swimming pool.
An employee in this class is responsible for safeguarding patrons at a City swimming pool by preventing injury or loss of life through drowning and for administering first aid or artificial respiration. Work is performed in accordance with departmental rules and regulations governing the public use of swimming pools, and by the recognized practices of water safety. Supervision is received from a superior who makes work assignments and reviews work for orderliness and rule enforcement by visual inspection and conferences.
- Examples of Duties
- Maintains order and discipline among bathers and other persons at an assigned City swimming pool
- Rescues bathers in distress; applies resuscitation and administers first aid when necessary
- Assists pool managers in pool procedures such as inspection of rescue equipment and collection of water samples for tests; when assigned assists in the teaching of swimming classes or other aquatic programs
- Maintains general appearance and cleanliness of pool area when able to do so without distraction from lifeguarding
- Participates in performing custodial tasks as applies to pool decks and surfaces, offices, locker rooms, bath houses and other support buildings
- Conducts chemical test for pool water quality and monitors pool water temperature. Vacuums pool and cleans pool walls
- Maintains daily maintenance and pool chemical usage logs
- May operate and clean pool filtration equipment
- Collects pool admission and registration fees
- Performs related work as required.
- Completion of at least the 8th school grade
- No experience required but must have already acquired all required lifeguard certifications and they must be current
You MUST attach the following documents to your application upon submission:
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Possession of a current Lifeguard Training Certification, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid or equivalent
Your application will not be considered without these documents attached. If you have trouble attaching the documents, please contact the Human Resources Department to ask for assistance.
- Proof of completion of at least the 8th grade (i.e., student ID, report card, etc.)
- Copies of your current American Red Crosss Lifeguard Training Certification, which includes CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED and First Aid or equivalent
- Supplemental Information
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
HOURS AND LOCATION
- Knowledge of approved water rescue methods and specific first aid techniques
- Ability to learn rules and regulations relating to pool activities rapidly and to exercise tact, firmness and good judgment in enforcing such rules and regulations
- Ability to prevent dangerous situations from arising, to recognize emergencies and to take effective action
- Skill in swimming, lifesaving and first aid
- Physical strength and agility necessary to perform lifesaving rescue
- Hours: up to 20 work hours per week (varied)
- Location: All City of Sunrise pools