Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
AVP Processing Operations
at CNA Surety
Job Reference #: OPE000132
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
Officer position responsible for direction and management of the operational activities for multiple locations and/or a major activity within a large multi-functional processing operation. Ensures the effective implementation of strategic objectives and policies within operations, in accordance with the company's strategic plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
- Implements strategic objectives with substantial impact on the short and long-term success of the operations.
- Leads, directs and has full management accountability for staff in area of responsibility with an emphasis on talent management and succession planning in accordance with corporate strategic direction.
- Participates in the development and implementation of operating plan including policies and procedures, workflow, and performance standards including stretch goals to deliver superior or industry leading service within processing operation.
- Strengthens the organization by helping to create a sustainable model that will improve efficiencies and eliminate non-value add activities. Anticipated outcome would include- improved workflows, enhanced partnership via Business Process Outsourcing (BPO), customer self-service and automation initiatives. Leads BPO management and owns the vendor relationship for their transactions.
- Champions and implements process improvements/reengineering initiatives both within and across the organization to improve service and reduce risks and expenses. Engages and influences leaders outside of WWO to improve end-to-end processes.
- Manages expenses within each assigned business area. Performs forecasting of staffing needs, salary administration and overall spending, controls and variances.
- Monitors quality and timeliness of policy services provided to customers. Revises policies and procedures to increase quality and productivity and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Implements state and federal regulatory requirements in processing operation. Designs measures for internal and external reviews to ensure compliance.
- Translates strategy into action in partnership with other leaders to drive top and bottom line growth. Uses multiple sources of data to support decisions and tracks metrics to monitor progress.
- Relationship Management: Establishes strong relationships with customers and business partners by demonstrating area expertise and enterprise business acumen.
- Ensures Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery Plans are current and effective for their area of responsibilities.
Typically VP and above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
- In-depth technical knowledge of theories and practices in insurance operations, billing and collections, agencies and accounting. Working knowledge of underwriting, IT principles, claims processing and metrics to measure operating functions.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels of external and/or internal business partners within scope of responsibility, team and/or matrix environment.
- Leadership and management skills demonstrating integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to drive results by identifying and resolving problems within scope of responsibility.
- Knowledge of the insurance industry, its products and services.
- Ability to implement systems, processes and procedures that improve the customer experience and result in profitable growth.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
- Ability to articulate a vision for the future and ability to communicate how each tam member has an impact on CNA's Winning Proposition.
- Drives strategies and implements innovative solutions to outperform the competition and drive top and bottom line growth.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree with Master's preferred in Business Administration or a related discipline, or equivalent.
- Typically a minimum of 10 years of related insurance work experience, with five years management experience.
- Applicable certifications preferred.