COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Barista (Part-Time) - Dr. Phillips Center for Performing Arts
at COMCAST SPECTACOR, L.P.
- Job ID
- Spectra - Food Services & Hospitality
- Location Name
- Spectra FH - Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
- Regular Part-Time
Culinary at The Dr. Phillips Center for the Performing Arts is seeking an experienced part-time Barista for the center's internal coffee house, Foxtail. We seek a candidate who brings in depth knowledge of coffee, espresso, and tea and a passion for exceptional guest experiences. This position requires schedule flexibility as shifts are dependent on booking of shows.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote the culture, values and mission of Spectra, The Dr. Phillips Center, & Foxtail Coffee
- Maintains a calm, professional demeanor during periods of high volume before the show and during intermissions
- Anticipates customer and store needs by constantly evaluating environment and customers for cues
- Operates equipment including espresso machine, bean grinders, Point-of-Sale system, and brewed coffee machines
- Delivers exceptional customer service to all guests
- Follows Spectra & Foxtail operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling
- Maintains a clean and organized workspace
- Provides quality beverages, whole bean, and food products consistently for all customers by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Maintains regular and punctual attendance
- Previous Barista experience required
- Must have knowledge of lattes, cappuccinos, macchiatos, and other espresso-based drinks
- Knowledge of La Marzocco Espresso Machine
- Prior POS usage and cash handling experience required
- Ability to learn quickly and react to changing guest needs
- Ability to adapt to changing show times and intermission
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a continuously-standing position for five or more hours
- Physically capable of performing manual labor tasks (Lift 30 lbs. from the floor)
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and double shifts as required by booked shows
- Must acquire and maintain TIPS and ServeSafe certification
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER