Corval Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Construction Project Manager - Food & Bev / Commercial / Industrial / Mechanical
at Corval Group, Inc.
Corval Constructors – a subsidiary of Corval Group – is a fully integrated construction, fabrication and business solutions company with 95 years of experience. Building confidence in our client relationships through the talent of our employees has led Corval to be a leader in the construction industry. We are proud of our industry leading record in safety and the investment we make in our employees to stay safe and to continue to advance. As a family-owned company, working at Corval Group is challenging, exciting and rewarding.
The Senior Project Manager will lead company construction, engineering and/or performance contracting projects according to contract documents. They are responsible for project safety, quality, budget and schedule performance, including subcontractors and vendors and customer satisfaction. Also, they will coordinate appropriate information flow among key stakeholders to ensure smooth operation of project from start to finish.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage projects exceeding $10 million while leading team activities to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget, with quality workmanship.
- Review project proposals or plans to determine time frame, financial objectives, budget and staffing for each phase of project, and procedures for accomplishing work, and allotment of available resources during various phases of the project.
- Coordinate project design development, obtaining governmental approvals and administering subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Manage and coordinate and quality effort for the project, utilizing safety and quality resources appropriately.
- Coordinate information and activities among estimating, financial and construction as well as subcontractors, vendors, governmental personnel and project superintendent, ensuring proper communication flow, utilizing project meetings, correspondence, and documentation as necessary.
- Prepare project status reports, including updated cost projections and schedules for project review and input to marketing, estimating, sales, management and customer.
- Identify changes in scope or differing conditions and secure appropriate change orders for project cost and time.
- Develop and maintain client relationships with the goal of repeat profitable business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management or Engineering preferred.
- Ten or more years of experience leading construction or mechanical projects as a Project Manager including estimating new projects and changing orders.
- Detail-oriented, strong problem solving and analytical skills in evaluating situations.
- Ability to adapt to changing demands and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including MS Project, and scheduling software.
- Office environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally.
- Construction site environment – physical ability to stand, walk, crawl, bend, reach and climb. Exposed to high noise levels.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time.