Corval Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Service Desk Analyst
at Corval Group, Inc.
Corval Group - headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota - is a fully integrated construction, fabrication and business solutions company with 95 years of experience. Building confidence in our client relationships through the talent of our employees has led Corval to be a leader in the construction industry. Our continued growth offers exciting and challenging career opportunities for career seeking individuals.
The Service Desk Analyst provides support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform installs, upgrades, and remedial repairs for office employees.
- Install, test, configure, maintain, monitor and troubleshoot customer workstation hardware, software, networked peripherals, cabling, network hardware and printers.
- Maintain local servers and network storage devices. Respond to emergency outages.
- Aid in the development of business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Receive and respond to calls and e-mails regarding customer incidents.
- Collaborate with IT team to resolve customer tickets.
- Provide timely reports of activities to management.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of documentation, procedures & manuals.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology or related is desired.
- One or more years’ experience with desktop support of the following operating systems: Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8.
- Experience with networking & cellular technologies including, but not limited to: LAN/WAN, WiFi, LTE, Cellular Boosters, Ethernet & DSL, and Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 or newer.
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Ability to interact effectively with others, both within and outside of the organization.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Office environment – extensive sitting at desk and computer; some standing, bending at the waist, stooping and reaching required; ability to lift 5-20 pounds occasionally.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed for system upgrades, maintenance or repair.