Crestline Hotels & Resorts, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Group Sales - Orlando Cluster
at Crestline Hotels & Resorts, LLC
- Job Location
- Bonus/Incentive Pay
Assistant director of Sales is a leadership position for our Orlando Cluster (Embassy Suites; Homewood Suites and Hampton Inn). This role is a key member of the Sales Team that is entrusted to ensure employee, guest and ownership satisfaction as well as total hotel sales financial performance achievement to budget.
The position assists in leading and managing the Sales department to the achievement of established departmental booking goals and budgeted hotel room and catering revenues, grows market share for hotel over prior year and over the competitive set as measured by the Smith Travel Report, ensures the efficient execution of all departmental sales and service processes both internally and externally to ensure a high level of customer service, employee morale, inter-departmental communication and teamwork.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mentor, motivate and lead each member of the sales, catering and conference service team to the accomplishment of their individual booking goals. Strategically control and coordinate bookings to maximize profitability for the hotel.
- Responsible for assisting in managing sales staff to a high level of performance and ensuring the consistent execution of each individual’s job description. Identify, train and develop internal talent.
- Solicitation, selling and contracting rooms for assigned markets in coordination with transient demand patterns and existing group business in order to maximize hotel room and related revenues.
- Continuous outside and inside sales solicitation to grow new group business. Continuous outside and inside sales activities to maintain and grow existing group business.
- Timely follow up and thorough attention to detail. Efficient and accurate detailing of events as needed from time of booking through event date. Communication of details to operational departments in a timely and accurate manner to ensure proper execution of guest needs.
- Assists in preparation of hotel’s Annual Business/Marketing Plan
- Assists in preparation of departmental budget that correctly reflects the hotels’ business plan
- Analyze and manage business opportunities to achieve the highest profit margins for department and hotel
- Proficient use of computer, software and technology
- Assist in the development of the sales and marketing operating budget in accordance to the hotels business plan.
- Forecasts occupancy and directs selling activities to maximize revenues.
- Attend weekly revenue management meetings and be able to speak to trends within the market
- Proactive and continuous sales efforts
- Achievement of monthly and quarterly booking goals
- Identify and attend trade shows, expos, etc., that will benefit the sales effort
- Identify and join local clubs and organizations that will benefit the sales effort
- Manage the sales process and coordinate leads as needed
- Development, maintenance and implementation of sales action plans.
- Monitor competitor production and sales/marketing activities
- Direct supervision of the sales, catering and conference services staff
- Training and development of sales support staff to maximize performance of these individuals
- Hold regular meetings with sales staff to measure performance, establish pro-active sales action plans and communicate goals and sales action plans
- Assists sales members as needed in the achievement of their goals to ensure departmental goals are met
- Document and communicate trip reports, sales performance to established goals and proactive sales plans
- Ensure appropriate rates and room blocks are offered to maximize market performance
- Act as liaison between hotels and clients
- Negotiate group and company contracts with in approved Crestline guidelines
- Manage RFPs process to maximize market account production
- Identifies marketing opportunities and executes marketing plan
- Tracks marketing initiatives and measures ROI
- Assist in the implementation of marketing franchise sales, training, and facilitation of revenue increasing strategies by utilizing brand initiatives and tools.
- Ensures Business Plan and related action plans are executed as established
- Ensure files and sales databases are accurately maintained as per company standards
- Ensure proper usage and that all required information is entered into sales software including all significant client communication
- Execute or supervise all sales reporting, check for accuracy and ensure all deadlines are met
- Hold regular sales meetings with Area Director of Sales and General Manager to communicate sales efforts and ensure efficient two -way communication.
- Completion of special projects and assignments given by the GM, Area Director of Sales and regional sales leader
- Involved in revenue management process.
- Position requires flexible work hours and weekends as needed
- Create performance notes for rollup discussion to ownership through RVPS
- Overnight travel for business related activities as needed
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor
- Responsibilities are subject to change
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree (Four Year College or University) preferred: or 7 Years Work Equivalent
4 years previous experience in hotel sales leadership. Must be able to effectively and efficiently utilize a variety of computer programs, i.e., Word, Excel, property management system.