Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Project Controls/Scheduling
At Cumming, you will work on some of the world's most exciting projects in a dynamic environment where your success is measured by the impact you make. We are one of the fastest-growing project and cost management consultancies in the United States, as reflected in our top 15 rankings in both ENR and Building Design + Construction. With over 30 offices globally, an extremely diverse project portfolio, and double-digit year-over-year revenue growth, the opportunities to make your mark are limitless!
In this role, you will be a member of our industry-leading planning and scheduling team that avoids costly surprises through the application of proven scheduling and project controls. Our comprehensive schedules ensure that projects are optimally planned, organized, and resourced. Versed in the means and methods of construction, and supported by state-of-the-art software and technology, our team produces projects that are free of surprises.
We are currently looking for a Project Scheduler in the Orlando, FL area. In this role you will have the opportunity to work on numerous projects in our Themed Entertainment sector supporting some of the best-known entertainment and theme park companies in the world!
- Coordinate the preparation of project schedules based on defined project execution philosophies.
- Perform contractor schedule reviews for contract conformance and quality assurance.
- Evaluate contract change orders and amendments for impact on budget and schedule.
- Participate in change order negotiations.
- Perform Critical Path and Earned Value analyses.
- Identify schedule related problems which arise during project execution and recommend corrective actions and creative solutions.
- Conduct construction/project site visits for progress reporting.
- Review contractor’s weekly and monthly schedule progress and present to management for decision making.
- Review and evaluate contractor recovery schedules.
- Perform cost analysis in support of design and construction phases.
- Analyze actual expenditures versus budget performance.
- Prepare cost loaded schedule to support comprehensive cash flow projections.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, Business Administration or another related field.
- 5+ years of experience in project or program scheduling on large construction programs.
- Resort & Hospitality experience is needed.
- Prior experience supporting projects within Themed Entertainment or those with heavy themed elements.
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 is required.
- Theories, principles and practices of cost engineering and scheduling.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
Have more questions? Chat with a Recruiter on our careers website! It takes five minutes to apply to this job and we will provide feedback within five business days.
CUMMING is an equal opportunity employer, fully committed to attracting, retaining, developing, and promoting the most qualified team members without regard to race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic, including physical or mental disability, to the extent protected by applicable federal, state or local law.