Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Bank Reconciliation Accounting Technician
at Cushman & Wakefield, inc.
Job TitleBank Reconciliation Accounting Technician
Job Description Summary*** LOCATED IN MAITLAND, FL***
The Accounting Technician is responsible for providing accounting, technical and clerical support to Client Reporting personnel. The position works closely with Accounting Specialists and Accountants, and may take direction from the Department Lead, Controller or Vice President of Client Reporting. The position is responsible for fulfilling support functions which may include, but are not limited to, accounts payable, bank reconciliation, auditing, and accounting. A successful Accounting Technician ensures timeliness and accuracy when completing all assigned team functions.
The Accounting Technician will use sound judgment and due diligence in executing the following responsibilities:
• Provides support to Accounting Specialists, Accountants, and Accounting Managers as needed.
• Recognizes and rewards right behavior in others and addresses inappropriate behavior or ethical breaches.
• Performs the duties of other Accounting Technicians as required (in their absence).
• Exercises professionalism and uses caution/discretion when engaging team members or other business associates during business hours, company-sponsored events, and personal time.
• Supports and enforces company and accounting policies as well as all applicable federal, state and local statutes and regulations.
• Completes team functions as defined by the designated department manager or Department Lead including, but not limited to, processing accounts payable, reconciling bank accounts, or performing basic audit work.
• Compiles and sorts documents such as forms, invoices, checks, and bank statements.
• Performs any combination of calculating, posting, or verifying duties to confirm the details of business transactions and maintain financial information.
• Compares data contained in a variety of financial records in order to detect trends, errors, or anomalies.
• Maintains files and support documentation required to authenticate business transactions.
• Achieves high productivity through reliable and punctual on-site attendance, and timely reports any tardiness and/or attendance issues to immediate supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Supports and enforces internal controls established by the department and company, and discloses any weaknesses relating to such controls or the lack thereof.
• Applies quality measures and standards within all areas of responsibility to support the company’s mission, vision, and core values.
• Continually seeks to identify innovative strategies for increasing department efficiencies and reducing expenses.
SKILLS AND ABILITY:
• A basic knowledge of department-specific accounting functions.
• A detail-oriented work ethic.
• An aptitude for numbers.
• A functional understanding of current accounting software and Microsoft Office products.
• Consistently exhibits strong ethics and confidence, as well as a positive attitude toward company, department, and team members.
• Ability to provide professional support for an assigned team and cultivate value, trust, and positive relations among team and individuals.
• Willingness to hold self and others accountable for performance.
• Flexibility to modify or shift behavior as situations or objectives evolve, while exhibiting focus and positivity amidst change or under pressure.
• Capable of cultivating team camaraderie and value through support and participation in team building and events.
• Effective critical thinking and problem-solving skills, with ability to recognize problems early and produce prompt resolutions.
• Ability to prioritize and focus on critical tasks as well as shift focus or multitask when appropriate.
• Capable of working within a fast-paced, deadline driven environment while generating timely results.
• Self-motivated to achieve or exceed performance standards and goals set forth by department.
• Integrity, objectivity, and accountability in performing assigned duties.
• Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work independently, while exercising interdependence within an assigned team.
• Diplomacy to develop and preserve positive relations with team members.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other comparable business-related degree is preferred; however, a candidate who is currently enrolled in a college or university while actively pursuing such degree may be considered
• Prior accounting experience is not required for this entry-level position, but will be considered
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is described as light in physical demand. Requirements include the ability to frequently sit, stand, walk, and reach forward and overhead, finger, and grasp. Must be able to occasionally bend, crouch, or stoop. Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds. Must have close and distance vision as well as the ability to adjust focus.
About Cushman & Wakefield
Cushman & Wakefield (NYSE: CWK) is a leading global real estate services firm that delivers exceptional value for real estate occupiers and owners. Cushman & Wakefield is among the largest real estate services firms with approximately 51,000 employees in 400 offices and 70 countries. In 2018, the firm had revenue of $8.2 billion across core services of property, facilities and project management, leasing, capital markets, valuation and other services. To learn more, visit www.cushmanwakefield.com or follow @CushWake on Twitter.
For US Applicants:
Cushman & Wakefield is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. All individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics.We hire the most talented professionals and invest in superior resources and technologies. The talent of our extraordinary people and the culture and business approach we foster, coupled with the exceptional, creative services we provide and the results we deliver worldwide for owners, occupiers, and investors are what distinguishes Cushman & Wakefield.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Cushman & Wakefield is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information:
This Organization Participates in E-Verify
Right to Work
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com