Daytona State College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coordinator II # 11682 Information Technology
at Daytona State College
Coordinator II #11682
Claim Your Career at Daytona State College!
Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, and Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
We currently have an opportunity to join our team of talented and diverse Faculty and Staff as a Coordinator II.
Required Qualifications: This position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related field and two years of related work experience.
The minimum starting salary is $37,000. Minimal additional compensation may be granted for education and/or experience exceeding the minimum stated job requirements. This is at the sole discretion of Daytona State College.
Note: This is a re-advertisement. Candidates who have previously applied are still under consideration and need not reapply.
Posted Date: 10/5/2020 Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
- Manages support for Academic and Administrative computing throughout the College.
- Plans and organizes programs, activities, and projects for area of assignment; promotes these activities by preparing or participating in the preparation of announcements, bulletins, brochures, websites and other correspondence.
- Gathers and maintains information to support periodic and special reports documenting activities and events for assigned area and identifying problem areas. Maintains record system; processes daily paperwork including reports, memos, and requisitions.
- Supervises staff, including selecting or recommending selection, training, assigning and evaluating work, counseling, disciplining, and terminating or recommending termination; ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for area of responsibility.
- Coordinates use of facilities, and secures instructional materials, equipment, and other supportive services as needed to facilitate programs.
- Attends staff and other professional meetings to exchange information.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate must have knowledge of hardware and software operating systems, as well as, various computer applications. He or she must have excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and be able to supervise, train and monitor assigned employees or students in an effective way.
Must have the ability to perform specialized technical work requiring general understanding of operating policies and procedures and their applications to problems and apply this knowledge. Must have experience in the installation of audio/video equipment in classrooms and be able to keep up with latest trends and technology.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third-party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at telephone 386.506.4505, or 386.506.3238 for a TDD connection, or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity, Inclusion and Title IX at 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER