Daytona State College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Health Information Management Faculty #11622
at Daytona State College
Health Information Management Faculty #11622
School of Health Careers
Claim Your Career at Daytona State College!
Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 27,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC has ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs for seven years running, and in 2018 topped the list of least expensive public online bachelor's degree programs for in-state students. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked the college among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The college offers a full student-life experience, with varsity sports, our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year.
We currently have an opportunity to join our team of talented and diverse Faculty and Staff as a Health Information Management Faculty.
Required Qualifications: This position requires an Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management and a Master’s degree in a related field. Candidate must be RHIT Certified,
Desired Qualifications: RHIA certification is preferred. Candidates with a Medical Coder Biller Certificate will be given preference. Previous online teaching experience is desirable, but not essential.
Rank: Appointment level to any faculty position is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Salary: Nine-month position. Competitive salary depending on experience. The College also provides a comprehensive benefits package.
Tenure and Promotion: Tenure and promotion are awarded based on a review by a college-wide committee of the candidate’s contributions to service, pedagogy and scholarship.
Posted Date: 7/24/19 Closing Date: Open until filled
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off - vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
- Teaches assigned courses.
- Assists in curriculum development, reports, and textbook selection.
- Uses instructional methods and delivery techniques in presenting organized lessons.
- Communicates with students.
- Provides written course syllabi which include attendance policies as well as methods and procedures for assessment of learning objectives.
- Uses appropriate and up-to-date course materials, including learning objectives, texts, and supplementary teaching materials.
- Applies classroom management strategies.
- Implements student assessment policies, such as testing or other procedures.
- Submits grades or other course assessment reports in a timely manner.
- Manages routine classroom responsibilities in a professional manner.
- Participates in activities that advance professional competencies and teaching skills.
- Engages in activities that advance the teaching discipline or profession.
- Maintains or acquires appropriate or required certifications, licensure, or other professional credentials.
College Responsibilities and Service:
- Keeps scheduled office hours as required by the respective load formula for the purpose of academic advising.
- Records student attendance as necessary.
- Attends department, division, and college-wide academic functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: This position requires a knowledge of areas of discipline to be taught; the ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with students, colleagues and supervisors; the ability to communicate clearly, effectively and professionally through oral and written communications; commitment to the community college mission, innovative and effective teaching, sustained and significant professional development, and service to the College; computer literacy and the ability to navigate in a Windows environment is also required.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at telephone 386.506.4505, or 386.506.3238 for a TDD connection, or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity, Inclusion and Title IX at 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER