Daytona State College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nursing - Adjunct
at Daytona State College
Nursing - Adjunct
School of Nursing
Minimum Qualifications: For day and/or evening clinical classes; willingness to travel to assigned campus/clinical site in Volusia/Flagler county; must have MSN with recent experience in specialty area; must have two years clinical experience to work in medical surgical or pediatric nursing; simulation experience preferred.
- Teach courses/labs/clinicals in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures
- Prepare and submit timely grade reports for student performance.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating them to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
- Facilitate a quality learning experience, live or simulated, for the assigned student group
- Communicate consistently with lead course faculty and staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the subject area(s) in which the individual is responsible for instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and challenges of community college students.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of curriculum development.
- Knowledge and understanding of simulated learning experiences, including the operation of simulators.
- Computer literate and able to navigate in a Windows environment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Complete application files will be accepted on a continuous basis and remain active for one year.
Note: All Adjunct positions are part-time, temporary assignments (for no more than one semester at a time) dependent upon student enrollment and the instructional needs of the College.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application by scrolling to bottom of this page and selecting the appropriate apply button. A completed online application consists of: an electronic job application, current vita/resume, and unofficial transcripts.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits.
Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at telephone 386.506.4505, or 386.506.3238 for a TDD connection, or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact: Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity and Inclusion 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach
Daytona State College, Human Resources Department, 1200 W. International Speedway Boulevard, Daytona Beach FL 32114