Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Delivery Specialist
at Deloitte & Touche L.L.P.
Job Reference #: XGGS19FC0718LMF14
Deloitte Consulting LLP seeks a Project Delivery Specialist in Lake Mary, FL and various unanticipated Deloitte office locations and client sites nationally.
Work You'll Do
Work with engagement teams to deliver IT consulting services to clients in the insurance industry on behalf of a global consulting firm. Provide clients with strategic advice and data migration services utilizing knowledge of life and health insurance domain. Facilitate all stages of the engagement process, from identifying business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, and process design, coding, testing, training, and implementation. Design effective data migration solutions and assist clients with devising short- and long-term Business Intelligence strategies. Coordinate with onsite and offshore teams. Interface with business users to collect project requirements, provide technical assistance, and resolve business concerns. Perform requirements gathering and functionality gap analysis, create technical design and test case documents, and perform coding and unit testing of completed modules. Perform end-to-end application testing including functional, regression, performance, UAT and integration testing. Translate client requirements into actionable strategies for development, maintenance and conversion projects by using mainframe programming languages, including COBOL, JCL, DB2, Virtual Storage Access Method, Customer Information Control System, and Restructured Extended Executor. Utilize Mainframe tools, including Endevor, Changeman, ICETOOL, Data Facility Sort, FileAid, FileManager, Xpeditor, CA 7 Scheduler and Eclipse. Track defects and develop defect prevention strategies.
- Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent degree in Engineering (any), Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, CIS or a related field.
- Two years of experience as a Project Delivery Specialist, as a Senior Solution Engineer, as a Programmer Analyst, or in a related occupation.
- Must have two years of experience with:
- Performing requirements gathering and functionality gap analysis, creating technical design and test case documents, and performing coding and unit testing of completed modules;
- Performing end-to-end application testing including functional, regression, performance, UAT and integration testing;
- Translating client requirements into actionable strategies for development, maintenance and conversion projects by using mainframe programming languages, including COBOL, JCL, DB2, Virtual Storage Access Method, Customer Information Control System, and Restructured Extended Executor;
- Utilizing Mainframe tools, including Endevor, Changeman, ICETOOL, Data Facility Sort, FileAid, FileManager, Xpeditor, CA 7 Scheduler and Eclipse;
- Tracking defects and developing defect prevention strategies.
- 15% travel required.
- Telecommuting permitted.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. We also suggest that you brush up on your behavioral and case interviewing skills and practice discussing your experience and job history with a family member, friend, or mentor. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.