Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Federal Dev Ops Engineer- (Sr. Solutions Specialist)
Sr. Federal Dev Ops Engineer– USDC
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology – a solutions builder, a roll-up-your-sleeves technologist who wants a daily collaborative environment, think-tank feel and share new ideas with your colleagues - without the extensive demands of travel? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you'll do/Responsibilities
• Implement and maintain existing and new software builds for a variety of software projects in a number of different environments for multiple product lines
• Prepare build notes and related documentation for various stakeholders
• Maintain and architect new source control repositories including repository organization, dependency management, and expand on basic functionality such as tagging and branching as needed
• Maintain client feature and bug tracking systems including expanding on basic functionality and workflow as needed
• Identify, design and lead the development of automations to support continuous integrations, continuous testing, and continuous deployments.
• Assist development teams with environment configuration and maintenance to ensure the hardware and software is in place to support the build process front to back, and ensure the build process is serving the needs of the client
• Direct server migration to new OS versions and new/additional hardware reference platforms (i.e., server, desktop, mobile)
• Execute and expand on various build verification test suites
• Ensure code management and builds follow existing guidelines required to support production quality build process
• Manage multiple environments in staging and production; maintain and track the resources and their dependencies
• Lead upgrade efforts and take a lead in evaluating and advising on additional process improvements and tools that will reduce release time and improve build quality
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, or related field
• Solid experience in understanding and practicing build management and SCM in a DevOps culture.
• Expert level experience compiling, deploying, patching, troubleshooting complex in Windows environments. Expertise in Linux and other OS helpful
• Experience working with Agile bug/feature/task/test tracking tools
• Experience in developing release automation processes in one or more of the common script languages.
• Experience with build tools such as maven, Make or Gradle, Should have Bash scripting experience. Should have used Jenkins or similar CI tools.
• Experience with JBoss product stack, especially JBoss AMQ and EAP
• Significant experience with Configuration Managers such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible
• Experience configuring & deploying to Web Servers (such as Apache HTTP Server, Tomcat, TomEE, Jetty, Wildfly/EAP, NginX, Glassfish, WebSphere, etc)
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Green Card holder
• Must be willing to live and work in the Orlando, FL area
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. .
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.