Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Design Interactive
- 03-Oct-2018 to 01-May-2019 (EST)
- Orlando, FL, USA
- Full Time
Who We Are:
Design Interactive Inc. (DI) is a woman-owned small business specializing in human systems integration and committed to developing innovative solutions that accelerate human performance. Beyond human performance research and experimentation, DI's capabilities extend to user experience design, full software development capabilities including mobile, web, and desktop application development, systems engineering and integration, and testing and evaluation. DI solves the most pressing human performance challenges for customers across the DoD, Federal, and commercial markets and is on the cutting edge in areas of: Virtual, Augmented, and Mixed Reality (VAMR) training, adaptive training systems, performance augmentation, user experience design, and biosignature analytics.
Why Work for Us?
Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, Short and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, Competitive 401k, Compensated time off, Partial Remote Work, and more!
Perform functions to lead and support activities and associated tasks as related to development of novel biosignatures and analytics using non-invasive sensing technology, as well as rehabilitation research and development efforts. Principal investigator (PI) experience and grant/contract funding success is essential to this role.
What You Need:
- D. in Bioengineering, Neuroscience or related field with minimum 4 years direct industry experience OR
- MS in Bioengineering, Neuroscience or related field with minimum 8 years direct industry experience
- Requires previous principal investigator (PI) experience and successful grant/contract applications/proposals
- Requires strong working relationships with funding agency PMs, primes, and transition customers
- Requires excellent oral and written communication skills, with a record of publications and success in research and development
- Requires demonstrated proficiency in analysis and concept generation
- Requires ability to make technical presentations and conduct technical discussions in customer briefings and scientific conferences
- Requires ability to express ideas clearly and logically
- Requires good interpersonal skills including ability to work independently, resolve conflicts and handle complaints
- Requires ability to build up new competencies as a result of awards or changes/additions to DI's strategic vision
- Requires thorough understanding of the theories, principles, and data associated with human performance capabilities and limitations (perceptual, cognitive, motor and neural). Ability to apply this knowledge to the design, requirements definition, and evaluation of interactive systems
- Requires ability to work at various levels of a problem, from the high-level concepts to the clinical, device, or algorithm details
- Requires proficiency in Windows and Microsoft Office including, but not limited to word processing, spreadsheet design and maintenance, and creating presentations
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work with data modeling and machine learning experts to develop novel biosignatures using human physiological sensors in natural settings
- Propose, plan, support, and execute both internally and externally funded research programs; continually broaden funding base
- Generate new strategic research and development agendas to expand existing and penetrate new markets
- Work with Vice President, Division Head, business development and marketing personnel to coordinate technology research agenda with business direction and needs
- Develop new and maintain existing strong relationships with Agency PMs, primes, and transition customers
- Lead Scientific Advisory and Review Boards
- Translate research into intellectual properties and publications
- Ensure team's methods are on the leading edge by exploring state of the art devices, techniques and equipment
- Manage risk by identifying, quantifying and monitoring potential threats to new and on-going research and development efforts
- Promote products and services at various customer locations and functions
- Provide thought leadership; maintain cutting edge knowledge of all company practice areas including Biosignatures, Performance Assessment, Training Systems, Cognitive Readiness, and Next Generation Human Systems
- Promote products and services at various customer locations and functions.
- Perform or assist with any additional assignments as required.
- Physical requirements involve performing general office activities.
- Position requires a minimum amount of local, overnight and extended travel.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please, no calls or emails from staffing/recruitment agencies.