Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- Relocation Assistance
- Service Line
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is seeking a Project Architect with well-rounded experience to join our Orlando, FL office. Experience in project types including Justice, Municipal, Public Safety, and Government work is desirable. Must have a professional degree, Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture degree from an accredited university and have a minimum of 5-years post graduate work experience. Individuals who are currently licensed or are within 1- year of becoming licensed are preferred. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office and demonstrate strong REVIT expertise.
Successful candidate must be a self-starter, understand and develop technical details of putting buildings together, and be able to maintain design intent while offering design improvement and collaboration through the process. Must be proficient in development of construction documents including drawings and specifications. Ability to take minimal instruction and go forward with projects or project components. Shall have the desire and ability to understand full project information from design through construction.
- Responsible for leading and developing detailed design and production of documents from schematic through construction phases.
- Perform code analysis.
- Assist designers and project managers in conceptual input on assigned projects.
- Provide assigned collateral duties relative to the operation of the team.
- Assist with specifications development by performing material, product selection and research.
- Responsible for monitoring of scope, schedule and budget on architectural aspects of projects.
- Responsible for developing architectural work plans and tasking, supervision and mentoring of assigned project personnel.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Demonstrated experience with REVIT, Sketchup, Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
- Digital and traditional rendering abilities and graphic experience a plus.
- A professional degree in Architecture and a minimum of 5 years of experience is required.
- Professional registration as an Architect is preferred.
- Knowledge of sustainable design principles is preferred.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- A portfolio demonstrating design experience will be required.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.