Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Survey Rod/Chain Person
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Job Location
- Relocation Assistance
- Service Line
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry has an immediate opening for a Survey Rod/Chain Person to work out of our Orlando, FL office as part of a survey crew performing boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, utility and construction surveys for public and private clients.This is an excellent career opportunity to join one of the top firms in the A/E industry! The hiring team will train the right candidate! Must be willing to work 50+ hours per week on out of town assignments – per diem available for extended assignments.
Responsibilities include completing a variety of professional assignments to facilitate the completion of roads, bridges, building sites, recreational areas, retracement of surveys, and establishment of property corners. The Rod/Chain person will carry out a range of surveying assignments while learning the methods of the work. Assist Party Chief as directed to conduct land surveys for the determination and retracement of survey boundary lines to establish property corners.
- Maintain surveying equipment and survey vehicle inventory.
- Maintain records and prepare reports and other nonessential functions as required.
- Utilize toning & vacuum equipment to recover buried utility facilities
- Performs related work as assigned.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- High School Diploma or GED is required; prefer 2 years field exp.
- Basic math competency, have knowledge or able to learn survey computer programs, and survey computations applicable to the work.
- Familiarize yourself with the nomenclature and symbols of drafting, the surveying instruments and equipment and their use and care as well as the principles and practices of land surveying.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn state law regarding the establishments of property lines, and survey monuments.
- Use basic calculator and the ability to make arithmetic computations accurately and record results legibly.
- Previous experience in concrete and asphalt repair a plus.
- Ability to follow directions.
- Must pass DOT drug/alcohol testing and ability to pass a background check.
- Must be willing and able to travel for out of town assignments.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Physically able to work outdoors in all weather conditions and terrains.
- Ability to repetitively stoop, crawl, bend at the knees and waist, squat and lift 50 lbs; includes body weight, equipment, tools and boxes, in addition to ability to stand for long periods of time on varied surfaces.
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work authorization.
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background screening which may include, but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, driving record check, criminal background check, and an investigative consumer report. These screenings will be conducted by Dewberry’s background vendor of choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local law.